Anyone heard of this SUV?

S

Scout II

One of my commercial insurance accounts are opening a new SUV line in December 05. Anyone heard of Cross Lander? Not real impressed, 90mph? Wonder if originated from Australia? Anyways, heres a link www.crosslander.com

S

syoung

By the time it's optioned up to look 'cool' like the press photos, it's way overpriced. Imagine trying to get parts...

blech.

Timmy!!!!!!!

Jun 7, 2004
Bourbon Street
www.facebook.com
I remember they were first gonna offer it with the 2.8 powerstroke i believe but now it says we have a gas burner engine in it :( . I was really hoping for a production diesel suv oh well I geuss I will just have to convert the disco. Oh and another ironic thing the people that run the Land Rover dealership here in Huntsville is also gonna be a dealer for this SUV also if they can ever get it here.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
it is manufactured in Brasil.

it was supposed to have the International 2.8 Powerstroke engine, however, they couldn't get the US feds to approve it so hence the gas engine.

its a dog with fleas. can't even sell them here in Sao Paulo. have seen 2 dealers close their doors in less than a year.

Jaime

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
They were "assembled" in Brunswick for a time in the late 90's...when East European Imports was calling the shots. Had a 4 liter Ford six then. There were a few new ones left in a grass-field car-lot in south Jax until a few years ago. They couldn't give them away.

Still see one of them tooling around Jax...some little girlie kid at the wheel and 'Aqua East' surf shop stickers all over it. 'Roxy' and 'Volcom' and crap.

I'd rather have a used Bravada :rolleyes: :D

WillTN

Oct 14, 2004
Franklin, TN
www.tnrovers.com
It is just an ARO with a different name (google it). They are fairly capable trucks and are now being sold in the U.S. by a few people, but they are having some complications I believe. They are fairly cheap trucks. I did research about a year ago on them for about six months. They had a big introduction thing in FL awhile back. Hannibal sells a rack for them and they can go everywhere a disco can.

Pugsly

Banned
Apr 20, 2004
www.roverautomotive.com
WillTN said:
They had a big introduction thing in FL awhile back. Hannibal sells a rack for them and they can go everywhere a disco can.

That's a bold statement. Maybe you just don't know how to drive a disco? :flipoff:

This is a part time 4wd vehicle. It has a leaf sprung, drum brake rear axle. Claim 207hp with a max speed of 90mph?? 29-inch tires...