OCC does the Land Rover Experience

EDL

Dec 31, 2004
Star, ID
ah, that made me laugh.

Now I want to go to England and drive the course. That looked like fun.

jamsandwich

Aug 15, 2005
Chapel Hill, NC
i hate those guys. 3 dumbasses with a tv show. if you watch closely on their show, you see the guys in the back who do all the real work, while they act like idiots in front of the camera.

dormobiledisco

Nov 26, 2004
New Jersey
www.GregFitzgerald.net
Kind of funny seeing three guys who are basically classless and unknowledgeable driving a Land Rover. Even funnier is how they seem to be freaking out on the test track...it sure looked like a bunch that conveyed courage and machoness.

Maybe someone here can get the Disco Channel to take them on a real off-roading trip...not the Land Rover sponsored kind. Heh, if they freak out on that, it would be fun to see them somewhere in Moab or something (which, though I lack experience there, seems much more "extreme"). Of course, that would ruin their brand image!

Also...anyone else get a kick out of the boot that kept opening? I guess there was a camera crew back there, but you'd think they'd make it just a liiiiiiiiiittttttttle less conspicuous? And isn't that unsafe to have doors popping open like that?

Glenn_Guinto

jamsandwich said:
i hate those guys. 3 dumbasses with a tv show. if you watch closely on their show, you see the guys in the back who do all the real work, while they act like idiots in front of the camera.

dumbasses that are laughing all the way to the bank. ;)

Actually, I think a lot of the dumbass moves are encouraged by the producers for ratings. I do think however they are talented... at least the 2 Pauls are... Mikey is a different story...LOL They have an episode which is like a documentary of how it all began. Sr did build the empire that they have now - from scratch. My co-worker who belongs to a biker group used to visit their old shop and he said they're very approachable and down to earth guys. The regular employees build mass-produced bikes and jr is in charge with the theme bikes. I'm not a biker but I dig the fighter plane bike and the fireman bike.

jamsandwich

Aug 15, 2005
Chapel Hill, NC
yeah i've never met them in real life, but if they act in the manner that they do on their show, i can see all of them recieving multiple ass beatings.

Rover Puppy

Jun 10, 2004
Tallahassee, Florida
Both of those were AWESOME!!

I totally loved that: Land Rover as a Collie Carrier :)

Hope I'm not asking an illegal question: is it possible for me to save that clip to my hard drive?

Thanks! Jamie, Blue, and Angel

Glenn_Guinto

Nori said:
Ben, Now thats a good Video. I love top gear.

Too bad that Top Gear documentary of Land Rover does not apply to today's Land Rover anymore. I love the last part...

"A Land Rover will never turn up to collect an Oscar, it will be far too busy doing something important for someone, somewhere..."

The irony is, just about every MTV Cribs episode nowadays, some rapper is showing off his/her Range Rover with 22" rims... :D

F

flippedrover

Ahh but are they driving an old Series or Defender? Nope. Probably wouldn't have any idea what the shifter was for :D

RBBailey

Jul 26, 2004
Oregon
www.flickr.com
Ya, when a Brit says, "Land Rover" they really mean the Series Vehicles or the Defender. Notice how they didn't even mention the Discovery, and the Range Rover was put in a totally different class -- SUV -- the original. And, by they way, a good 30 years ahead of it's competitors when it first came out.

D

D Chapman

Now I know why John wears an Omega....Cause you just never know when your going to Space.

cptyarderho

Apr 23, 2004
Va
they sold the merchandising rights to OCC for a comfortable 8 figures...
not too stupid... :D