A-Pillar Gauge Pod

Dan Erickson

May 27, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
DJAC said:
What are you trying to do? Make it look like a RICE burner?:rofl:

LOL...

Naaa, It just seemed to be the most logical place to mount my oil pressure and water temp gauges. It's close to where the wires from the sender units come through the firewall.

I had a motor let go a while back and now I'm pretty paranoid about alot of things.

I have never known what my oil pressure was and I have been using my Rovacom to keep an eye on the temp (it had been running a little on the hot side a while ago). The rovacom works pretty good, but it's kind of a hassle to keep the laptop from sliding around (especially while wheeling).

I did not want the big gauges (in cups) on the dash, but wanted some digital gauges somewhere in my line of site for quick reference.

The gauges can be set to blink at a given reading to catch my eye when temp gets too hot or oil pressure gets too low.

Anyway...the job is finished now except that Summit sent me a feul pressure gauge instead of an oil pressure gauge.

Guess I'll be making a call tomorrow.

I will also get the digital camera from work tommorw and post pics if anyone is interested.

It may look ghetto, but I don't care. It does what I need it to do.

Peace,

Dan

Dan Erickson

May 27, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well...here it is...at the risk of getting flammed...

Like I said, I don't care THAT much if it looks ghetto, it does what I want it to do.

I noticed while looking through the view finder of the digital camera, that the individual digits of each display were blinking (but not to the naked eye), so the numbers are a little funny in the pics. I guess it must be an offset in the refresh rates between camera and gauge display.

Also the fuel pressure gauge is supposed to be oil pressure. Summit is sending out the right gauge today.

Many thanks to Jimjet for hooking me up with the hose and fittings for the remote oil pressure manifold.

For the temp sender, I welded a nut to the water neck coming out of the intake manifold and tapped out at 1/8" NPT. It is about as close as I could get to the existing temp sender in the intake manifold, but I am still off by about 3-4 degrees acording to Rovacom (New gauge shows lower).

No leaks anywhere so far.

Pleace,

Dan

Attachments

• Gauge Pod 1.JPG
    Gauge Pod 1.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 437
  • Gauge Pod 2.JPG
    Gauge Pod 2.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 313
  • Gauge Pod 3.JPG
    Gauge Pod 3.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 300
P

PHARAOHDISCO

ericksdf said:
Well...here it is...at the risk of getting flammed...

Like I said, I don't care THAT much if it looks ghetto, it does what I want it to do.

I noticed while looking through the view finder of the digital camera, that the individual digits of each display were blinking (but not to the naked eye), so the numbers are a little funny in the pics. I guess it must be an offset in the refresh rates between camera and gauge display.

Also the fuel pressure gauge is supposed to be oil pressure. Summit is sending out the right gauge today.

Many thanks to Jimjet for hooking me up with the hose and fittings for the remote oil pressure manifold.

For the temp sender, I welded a nut to the water neck coming out of the intake manifold and tapped out at 1/8" NPT. It is about as close as I could get to the existing temp sender in the intake manifold, but I am still off by about 3-4 degrees acording to Rovacom (New gauge shows lower).

No leaks anywhere so far.

Pleace,

Dan

What part number is it at Summit? Is it an Auto Meter brand?

Thanks Dan.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
I've been looking into this for a while for my D1. Right now I've got a center of the dash mounted triple gauge pod. I started to draw one up in solidworks to see about getting a mold made. Does anyone know if the trim piece is the same for a D1 and D2? They look identical from the outside. Some D1's didn't have the speaker, but that looks like its just a hole punched through and the tweeter is pop riveted on.

Dan Erickson

May 27, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
The FAZE EL Pod was a pretty much a universal fit.

You can trim it and (I believe) heat it to make it comform to a specific A-Pillar.

It seemed to fit mine pretty good without having to heat it.