MD members trip to Raush Creek Oct 6-8

Nick_N

Aug 26, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Im getting together a trip to Rausch Creek Oct 6-8th. So far everyone is comming from central Md. I plan on meeting everyone either somewhere on the way or up at Rausch. Im not sure what exact time were leaving yet. So far its me, two friends of mine with chevys and Roverman for deff going. If anyone is interested let me know. You need to atleast have three trucks for a group. I know the MAR is that same week but I couldent attend this year. let me know. Pm me for more info. -Nick

ROVERMAN

Aug 29, 2005
Come on guys!! The ones that can't make it to MAR can make it to Raush Creek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROVERMAN

Aug 29, 2005
That sounds good. Is there a neutral point where we can meet? I can either take 270 or 495.:D

RVRSRVC

May 7, 2004
Elizabethtown, PA
www.roverlab.com
FYI, Rausch changed the rules so you only need 2 vehicles to wheel. If one breaks though, you have to recover it, can't just wheel and get it later!
Keep me in mind next time you go- I'm near Hershey and Rausch is only a 45 minute trip...
Plus, I have a Rover shop if stuff breaks!
Trevor

Nick_N

Aug 26, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
thanks for the info bud, btw are you garys friend? i bought his rover off of him. id like to get alot of people so who ever can make it come up.

Nick_N

Aug 26, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
sorry guys but im going to have to cancle the trip. One of my buddies that was comming up got in a real bad car accident last night. we'll def have to reschedule.

sflash868

May 8, 2005
If the trip is still going on, you can count my brother and I in, 2 defenders for saturday. Where would we be meeting?

79bigmack

I am going to MAR but am definitly interested in going in the new few weeks!

ROVERMAN

Aug 29, 2005
Hey guys,

I have some bad new, I won't be able to make it this weekend. :ack: Some family related matter that I need to take care of. :banghead: Nick, where are things standing with other guys going? I will be free on the following weekends if anyone else can't make it this weekend. Sorry guys:(

Nick_N

Aug 26, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
My friends and I will be camping right near the entrance. If anyone is interested in having another trip soon let me know. But im deff going this weekend. Ill be up there fri afternoon thru sun evening.

sflash868

May 8, 2005
I've never been to rausch creek before, is the meeting area fairly obvious like it is in paragon? What time are you going to be hitting the trails?

Nick_N

Aug 26, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
We plan on hitting to trails early in the morning. 8-10. There is a big meeting/staging area at the entrance. When you get into the park you have to stop and check in and pay the fee, there is a little office to the right. On the left there is a big staging area. I can meet everyone there in the morning if youd like. Ill pm every one my cell # so you can call on your way up or when you get there. These are the directions off of rauschs website. http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/directions.php
I dont know where everyone is comming from but you can take 270N to 15N to 581E That turns into 83 Then get onto 81 then follow rausch directions. Or from baltimore just take 83 north to 81 north. and follow rausch directions. hope to see all of you up there sat morning. -Nick

Nick_N

Aug 26, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
thanks sflash868 for joining us. deff got some good footage on the video camera. im in the process of pulling all the carpet out of the disco and im going to put bedliner in there. cuz it got ruined in the frog hole. I also got the alt all cleaned out and everythings working fine now. but ill get pics as soon as possible.

sflash868

May 8, 2005
Who needs carpets anyway... good to hear the altenator is working fine. How did your friend end up doing with his pinched off brake line?

Nick_N

Aug 26, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
we stopped at a gas station on the way home because it started spitting out brake fluid again and bought a set of vice grips and clamped them on the end so it wouldent leak anymore. and he made it fine. i watched the videos from the trip. great stuff, you guys missed some funny shit we had a nice party that night with a bunch of people camping there.