New Cool Stuff

D

D Chapman

I always like seeing ideas of how people set their shit up. So, here is some pic's of what I've done to my new truck for the arcives.

I installed a new receiver, amp, Engle, and 12v power plug to the rear last night. Sometime this weekend I'll install a Stream Light Stinger, not sure where I want it yet, though.

The Street Wires distrubution block is sweet. That's really going to make it easy adding new stuff that requires 12v power. I may add a second in the pass side kick panel for a CB, EMS Scanner, Sirius radio receiver, and power inverter in the very near future.

The receiver is a Kenwood with all the neat features. It's not a "top of the line" model by any means. But, it will allow me to commect an iPod , plays all the CD-R/MP3's/etc... I can also plug in my laptop to the receiver and play music or sound from movies.

The sub is a 10" Kicker Solobaric L5. Sombitch hits like a rockstar! With an ol skool 729S Kenwood amp, it get about 300w at 2ohm's. I cut the power over half way back on the amp because the sub was just way too loud, even with the Bass set to -7 on the receiver.

From the battery all the way to the rear of the truck, I ran a 4ga wire. This should be more than enough to carry all the power I will need for these componets.

Attachments

• test 002.jpg
    test 002.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 408
  • test 003.jpg
    test 003.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 347
  • test 004.jpg
    test 004.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 394
  • test 006.jpg
    test 006.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 257
  • test 008.jpg
    test 008.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 301
  • test 009.jpg
    test 009.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 369
  • test 010.jpg
    test 010.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 297
  • test 014.jpg
    test 014.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 484
  • test 013.jpg
    test 013.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 465

jimjet

Feb 22, 2005
L.I.N.Y./Daytona Beach Fl
Nice setup Dan.
Can you not hide that amp(1st pic) a little better or does it need open air cooling.

I thought youd be more likely to just have a simple Banjo and a few spoons in the truck for entertainment.:D

Nice
Good luck with your new Disco.
no truck pulls.

Jim :patriot:

maxyedor

May 9, 2006
Where did you get that power distribution block? I've been looking all over and can't find one that will let me hook up small gauge wires, looks like you can with that one.

D

D Chapman

Crutchfield.

We have an Outlet Store here in town:cool: It was like 25.00

D

D Chapman

rover4x4 said:
looks good I bet the fluffers at EE would be jealous

Naa, they don't like sub woffers and amps and loud music and rock and roll.

ChicagoDon

Feb 22, 2005
Chicago IL
I thought your truck was silver???

Now its time to install a set of speakers so your sound can keep up with your thump

D

D Chapman

FIVESPDDISCO said:
no its the under sized wire and the amp just screewed to the panel. i love a good clean system.

If 4ga to the amp is not big enough, I don't know what is....The little 16ga wire is to the 12v power outlet.

In the doors and rear, I will have a set of Boston's going in. But, they're not here yet.

kicker, Ghetto???? Hardly. I got two polk 12" momo's in my closet. This 10" solo is hits just as hard. Besides that, it takes up NO room.

ChicagoDon

Feb 22, 2005
Chicago IL
D Chapman said:
If 4ga to the amp is not big enough, I don't know what is....The little 16ga wire is to the 12v power outlet.

In the doors and rear, I will have a set of Boston's going in. But, they're not here yet.

kicker, Ghetto???? Hardly. I got two polk 12" momo's in my closet. This 10" solo is hits just as hard. Besides that, it takes up NO room.

12" momos dont hit crisp enough, about 90% of 12" subs dont hit crisp enough for anything but rap. Kicker stuff is nice, but Ive never heard a non round speaker or sub sound nearly as good as a circular one. I hate 6x9s they usually sound muddy, and sony's pentagon shaped subs sound like ass and distort super fast. The kickers are the only non round subs that do actually sound nice, but I still think they dont match a nice set of round subs. Also, were you powering those 2 momos on that one amp? a set of momo 12s should be on almost 1000 watts.

Have you ordered your boston rears yet? Which ones? Components?

D

D Chapman

ChicagoDon said:
12" momos dont hit crisp enough, about 90% of 12" subs dont hit crisp enough for anything but rap. Kicker stuff is nice, but Ive never heard a non round speaker or sub sound nearly as good as a circular one. I hate 6x9s they usually sound muddy, and sony's pentagon shaped subs sound like ass and distort super fast. The kickers are the only non round subs that do actually sound nice, but I still think they dont match a nice set of round subs. Also, were you powering those 2 momos on that one amp? a set of momo 12s should be on almost 1000 watts.

Have you ordered your boston rears yet? Which ones? Components?

The two 12" Momo's were powered by two of the 729s amps.

The Kicker solobaric just kicks ass. I've heard other subs that hit harder and sound really good. but the space the solo takes up is just awesome. Plus, it still has enough ass to it to make your stomac feel funny, if thats what you're into.

I'm not getting components. I'm just getting the S45's all the way around. Have not decided on an amp for them, yet.

The speakers in the doors and rear are not stock, but still do not sound all that great. I'm not sure what they are, but they suck.

D

D Chapman

stevenr said:
Dan, is that the new disco?

yes. Fucking thing drive like a car. I'm digging it. Thanks for your help with some of the stuff.