Funny Parking Lot Story

El_Cid_2000

Jul 9, 2004
Charleston, South Carolina
I jumped in the Disco to go to Target for some Christmas lights. Like I always do I park WAY THE HELL out in the lot. Ran in and got my lights. When I got back to the ride I noticed a guy in a BMW parked about two feet from my driver?s door. It turns out he slammed his door open into my RTE slider with the little "wing." He started screaming at me that I NEEDED TO FIX THE DENT IN HIS DOOR!!

I calmly told him that he was the one that opened his door into my truck and he goes ballistic. He even says "if it wasn't for that big metal thing, I would have just dinged your door." WTF?? It would have been OK to ding my door but not his? Again, WTF??
I just climbed in through the passenger?s side and drove off.

By the way, not even a scratch on my slider.

I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE!!!

Michael

noee

Apr 20, 2004
Free Union, VA
Same thing happened to me at "The Market" except the dude had a little Mercedes convertible thing. It was mid-morning, I was at the end of the lot, just sitting there with a cup a Joe and a muffin, listening to Glenn Beck, trying to come down, and this guy pulls in next to me and then.....*slam*. Opens the door right into the pass. side slider (RTE as well).

I just kind of looked over and he was just beside himself, literally started stomping his feet on the ground like a little punk. I nearly snotted hot coffee outta my nose. He acted like he was memorizing my license plate no and then stormed off into the station, I'm pretty sure he had tassled loafers.

I got out to take a look at it, not pretty. If people would just take a chill and slow the hell down. And hey man, don't hate the playa....

Ol'Drippy

Apr 20, 2004
Chinoike Jigoku
I would have called the cops, and let them handle it. People like that don't deserve the priveledge of being out in public, driving cars, making decisions, et al

That is like after running through someones front yard and destroying their fence, you telling them that if that fence wasn't there, your car wouldn't have gotten scratched up? People suck.

jhmover

Apr 23, 2004
California
LOL, when I was about 21 I am coming out of the grocery store after work, this old fart in a big assed Cadillac pulls up on my passenger side, open the door and slams it into the side of my car. I walked around to the passenger door, grabbed the door handle and slammed it into the side of his Cad as hard as I could. I thought be was going to have a stroke! He started cussing me out, I just looked at him and said well if you don't want me slamming my door into your door, then don't get out of your fucking tank and do that to me. I stared at him for a few seconds and he turned and walked away....that was about 32 years ago. I still relish the moment!

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Ahh, just tell him to piss off and leave. What's he going to do?:rolleyes:

The morons out there blow my mind. And just think... It's legal for them to reproduce and pass their genes onto the next generation.

Cheers,

Kennith

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
I was in the parking lot of a grocery store sitting in my truck waitin for someone.. and this older lady walked up to her car next to mine and started loading groceries into the rear seat... slammed her door open, right into my slider.. didn't flinch, at some point she looked over and saw me there and I looked at her and gave her a "WTF" look... so what does she do? She opens her front door and hits my truck again... gotta love the RTE sliders w/ nerf.

simon

Apr 22, 2004
Miami
When I had my Disco with RTE sliders someone keyed my door... I know this "someone" got pissed at my sliders for sure.

S.

C

campbell

I came out of a store a few months ago and noticed the there was a blue smudge on the pass rear quarter panel, just behind the rear tire. I didn't think much of it because it just rubbed off.

There was a brand new blue 4 runner parked in the spot behind my rover. It had a nice scratch and white marks (the color of my D2) on it's front drivers side bumper. It looked like the person couldn't park worth shit.

I just laughed and left.

For the most part, people are idiots!

S

Swa j-Ten

Once this guy in front of me was going- to church, I guess. Waaaaay below the speed limit. So I bumped him from behind, you know, just a friendly reminder to speed things up a bit - we're not all going to church.. and this guy completely overreacts, swerves all the way over and throws himself over his handle-bars. He was probably one of those people from Hollywood looking to pretend he broke his neck or something, because of a little tap from behind. Yeah, right. I just drove off.

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
That WAS funny Netjaws...

This thread gives me yet another reason to buy sliders for our trucks! My Disco does, at least, have the rub strips...I don't have many dings so I'm guessing they work!