Just funny

slangel

Oct 5, 2006
VA
Sorry Dan, I tried to look - decided I would rather go to the bathroom with my 20 min.!!:D

D

D Chapman

LOL, "I can make this pillar for any Rover. See if you can find one in a catalog. It's impossible, because I thought of it."

ChicagoDon

Feb 22, 2005
Chicago IL
If he knows so damn much about rovers why did he pay ECR to bolt all of that stuff onto his? And he claims to have the most extreme D2 :rofl:

G

gil stevens

not only did ECR build his truck, that he can replicate for any customer, but he pilfered half of his "badass" rover pics from other sites. and the only contact info is an email address..

"...and a shovel to dig yourself out, if you get stuck, not when, because I don't. ha ha
I told you I was a kid... like the stickers??

wow.. what a tool

A

AlohaRover

Wow, he really is Billy Bad Ass isn't he.

"My experience includes use of Wolf Defenders in combat from Somalia and Africa, to Bosnia, and countless other theaters in which I have been in to advise and to fight. I am a graduate of Jump School, Air Assault, Ranger School, Special Forces Q Course, Pathfinder and SERE (Survival Escape Resistance and Evasion), and every other special operations school, including SF scuba, but I pride myself on having fun in Rovers! I can build you the truck of your dreams, and provide every aspect of support thereafter."

Anyone know the guys name? Pretty easy to find out if he really did all the schools or not.

Also the US doesn't have Wolfs.

ChicagoDon

Feb 22, 2005
Chicago IL
Whoops did I email him?

Guess I did

Hi,

I stumbled upon your site while looking for someone to modify my DiscoveryII. It seems there are not too many companies out there who specialize in Disco2s, so hopefully you could help. I would like my 2002 to get built very similar to your truck in terms of armor and mods. However since I have a 2002 I would like a new transfercase to get a CDL. I am not too big of a fan of the LT230 so I would like an AtlasII put in there. I am not interested in any of the GBR axle products but I would rather like a 14B rear and D60 front axle installed under the truck, with ARBs in both axles. I want to keep the radius arm suspension, but could you put a panhard in the rear, and I'd like to use 5" RTE springs with King shocks. Please let me know what you think about doing all of this.

Don Johnson

racerwad

Sep 9, 2005
tacoma, wa
ok, so i know i'm dumb but i'm not getting it. i don't see how his site is any different than another enthusiast's personal business site. i know he's not running fzj80 axles and whatnot, but then again, his truck appears to be running :flipoff: sorry. :D

andy

ChicagoDon

Feb 22, 2005
Chicago IL
racerwad said:
his truck appears to be running :flipoff: sorry. :D

andy

Ouch, low blow :ack:

Believe it or not I am hitting the trails Feb 3rd or Feb 10th, finally. The thing would be done had it not been for that month i spent away in IL.

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
AlohaRover said:
Anyone know the guys name? Pretty easy to find out if he really did all the schools or not.

These guys are all the same. None of them ever brags about being an FA guy, MP, or x-ray tech. It's always HALO, SERE, Ranger, SF, SCUBA blah blah blah...

Roverbri

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island,NY
Here's a funny quote from the site---"First, one friend called and asked if I would work on his truck - a 93' 110, then he told someone else, who told everyone he knew with a Rover, about the kinds of things I can do, so, it morphed into much more than a hobby"-----and here's the truck that "he" built!:rofl: http://www.eastcoastrover.com/168.html

ChicagoDon

Feb 22, 2005
Chicago IL
The Reply to my email. Yes I know I am a total dick, just ask any of my friends, but I was just too tempted to do this because this guy seemed like he knew it all. :smilelol:

Hi Don,
I see you've got a 02 Disco,which unfortunately means you've got no provision for a CDL,but all is not lost.Two choices are available and as much as I like the AtlasII,that is great for Jeeps and the like,but not really for a Rover.Why don't you like the the LT230?They are very stout,well built and best of all,gear driven.There are no adapters available to fit an AtlasII to your trans--I checked with Advance Adapters-nothing for DII's.
You've some great ideas involving axles but there are other options that will give you more than enough strength without ridiculously expensive outlay to build custom axles.The pigs you mention are good in an F250 or equivalent GM product, but not for a Rover.First,let's figure what you want to accomplish with the Rover.Are you going to want to go rockcrawling in Moab or just 4wheeling locally with an occasional trip upstate or elsewhere?Where are you located ?What kind of use will this Rover see on a daily basis?How much do you want to spend building up the truck.
I've got RTE suspension in my trucks and I swear by them.They really have their#$%@ wired tight.We agree on that I take it,so that is a good start.What size tires did you ultimately want on the Rover?What about gearing?4.11 or 4.75?You see, we are talking about using Rover axles but with HD shafts and Custom CV's--which are not available (for the front)yet and won't be for about six months.I can show you what I've got done so far with another DII I'm working on or I can show you my own which will go just about anywhere and in comfort too.It all depends on what you plan on doing with it.
Look forward to hearing back from you.Thanks for the interest,you have some good ideas that I think we can work with.
Travis

Last edited: