Extreme 4x4

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
no, I'm not talking about the wild, wonderful wheeling that Jack does each weekend....;)

I'm talking about the television show that airs on Spike, each Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone else moderately addicted? I just love watching them take trucks apart ...and buy new trucks/parts to thrash. Most recently enjoyed the new FJ Cruiser they built and tested.

I've yet to see any Land Rover action on there though....thinking about sending in some suggestions! Anyone else ever seen Rovers showcased?

Last edited:

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
Nope, never did a Rover. They tore apart an old FJ and made it a truggy.
I doubt they'll ever put a Rover in there.

Finn

Aug 21, 2006
Bowmanville, ON
I'm also a regular viewer of the show and have yet to see any Rovers. Maybe we can start a grassroots campaign and email the show enough to have them start looking at bobtailing a Disco or some other Land Rover project?

Thoughts?

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
Tell her about this really handsome experienced guy that you know too. Tell her he can take her to new heights!
And before any of you guys get stupid, it's me I'm talking about.

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
Oh no!! (from their website)

"January, 30, 2007

An update from the Powerblock regarding Xtreme 4x4 co-host & technical producer Jessi Combs:

Yesterday, Jessi had an accident while moving a piece of equipment in the shop, hurting her back. She’s going to be laid up for a while, but knowing her, she’ll be back in the shop with MIG welder in hand as soon as possible. We’ll keep you posted on how she’s doing.

Check back soon, for details on how you can send Jessi your get well messages.

GET WELL SOON JESSI!"

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
rovercanus said:
Tell her about this really handsome experienced guy that you know too. Tell her he can take her to new heights!
And before any of you guys get stupid, it's me I'm talking about.

Oh yeah Walter, if I can get in touch with her, I'll make sure I put in a good word. ;)

Eric N.

Apr 20, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I'm sure that if you donated them your truck and paid for what you wanted done to it, they would do it. Aren't some of the trucks they do actually folks trucks that they send in like some of the other shows that are on?

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
When the editor of Petersen's off-road 4x4 magazine doesn't know a Range Rover from an LR3, you REALLY think they're gonna put one a them Toyota Land Rovers on 'at show?

Eric N.

Apr 20, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Finn said:
Donation - good call.

Out of the family fleet of 12+ rovers I'm sure we could part with just one!

Well, I didn't mean you in general but, I'm sure that if someone said to them that they have a rover that they would like them to modify on their show and were willing to pay for it that they might do it instead of just writing them and saying "Hey you guys should do some thing to a Land Rover"..

MarkP

Apr 23, 2004
Colorado
Roverlady said:
I'm going to write Jessi and suggest it....:)

Tell them to do an agi / farm implement show - International and Rover. Have them open up the front axles of a Classic / D1 and then a Scout II. The first question will be did the designers sit side by side? Both 100" wheelbase. Both ladder frames. Both V8's. Both . . . . This theme might catch some interest.

Then suggest they hit

Rocky Mountain International Harvester Rendezvous July 20-24, 2007 in Salida, CO

followed by

Land Rover National Rally Montrose, CO August 15-18, 2007

A Colorado vacation for the show.

They could hit two audiences with one show.

Jeeps and Yota's get boring after awhile.

Mantaray

Apr 26, 2004
Fairfax, VA
Eric N. said:
I'm sure that if you donated them your truck and paid for what you wanted done to it, they would do it. Aren't some of the trucks they do actually folks trucks that they send in like some of the other shows that are on?

when i still had my Rover i had thought of writing Tracey over on Trucks! (before Extreme started) and seeing if he wanted to do a Rover. i think it would be great to see a D1 get a makeover on Extreme. the show they turned Trucks! into sucks.

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
I watch the show a bit. Is it just me or does the guy have a wicked Canadian accent?

Jupiter Rover

Dec 18, 2006
South Florida
is there anything on FUEL television? the extreme sports channel? i was looking thru my guide, and nothing was that interesting except a bunch of surfing and snoboarding..

What time does the 4x4 show come on?

thanks

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
The thing is, unless they get people to sponser the show noone is going to do Rovers.
It's not about giving them a truck and paying for it. It's about advertising dollars and Rover venders don't have it. We may as well be talking about the Defender coming back to the US. It ain't gonna happen.
But Sus, feel free to give Jessi my contact info. Let her know I can give her good back rubs.