props to RTE - truly trail rated products

justinhaaga

Oct 27, 2004
Syracuse, UT
Here is why you buy RTE:

The bumper was the only thing stopping me from rolling over on my top (that was before the winch was hooked up) and destroying engine components.

Attachments

• rte1.JPG
    rte1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 366
  • rte2.JPG
    rte2.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 325
  • rtejj1.JPG
    rtejj1.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 280
  • ud17.JPG
    ud17.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 406
  • ud18.JPG
    ud18.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 333
D

D Chapman

Cool pics

What actually bent on the bumper and how? The weight of the truck did not do that....

What broke up front?

cptyarderho

Apr 23, 2004
Va
So, what is the story- did you have all six bolts in the front for the bumper? How bad is your frame bent?

justinhaaga

Oct 27, 2004
Syracuse, UT
D Chapman said:
Cool pics

What actually bent on the bumper and how? The weight of the truck did not do that....

What broke up front?

Here's the first attempt. Not exactly where I bent it in the first pic that day. Had many rocks into the body.

Front pic was me in the garage today, longside of the cv's/inner shaft look OK. So just the shortside inner shaft failed (see the longtracks thread).

Attachments

• rover bumper.JPG
    rover bumper.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 187
  • bumper.JPG
    bumper.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

justinhaaga

Oct 27, 2004
Syracuse, UT
cptyarderho said:
So, what is the story- did you have all six bolts in the front for the bumper? How bad is your frame bent?

Frame is fine!

I only am using the 4 bolts.. every trip it does rotate up and I have to readjust. Just never got around ot putting in the other 2 (have to drill). No big deal though.

This bumper is stout as we all say it is, so now hopefully the BS threads that come up asking which bumper to get this can help sway people on their descion. If I can beat the shit out of it like this, the rest of you people won't even scratch it.

you know, I don't start these threads just because, I am just trying to share knowledge whether people take it or not is up to them.

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
now you just need to email those pics to steve. he should add a "Justin's Adventures" link on the RTE site with all your crazy ass pics.

off topic, but do you notice the front baja claw that is facing the wrong direction? i was talking to a friend about that cause he said he didn't want a spare that could only go on one side. Obviously it wouldn't hurt offroad in an emergency, but he means more along the lines of as a long time thing on the street if he had to.

justinhaaga

Oct 27, 2004
Syracuse, UT
now you just need to email those pics to steve. he should add a "Justin's Adventures" link on the RTE site with all your crazy ass pics.

off topic, but do you notice the front baja claw that is facing the wrong direction? i was talking to a friend about that cause he said he didn't want a spare that could only go on one side. Obviously it wouldn't hurt offroad in an emergency, but he means more along the lines of as a long time thing on the street if he had to.

RTE is for real and to top it Steve is a great person to work with. Giving credit where credit is due.

those tires I got are the procock(short for procomp) extreme terrain, not baja claw, not sure what that tread pattern looks like sounds similar.

I wasen't expecting much from procomp but these tires are not bad at all. On the side the truck was basically driving on the beads, with 9-10psi no pops. I finally popped a bead after I bent a rim:

So for the naysayers that say steelies are not worth it over alloy, convenience?

Attachments

• jd4.JPG
    jd4.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 147
  • jd5.JPG
    jd5.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 109
  • tires.JPG
    tires.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
DAMN. awesome.

Pic #4 at the top. I think I can make out a smile through the front windshield. Don't think I've seen a pic of a truck at an angle like that without the driver smiling.

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
justinhaaga said:
RTE is for real and to top it Steve is a great person to work with. Giving credit where credit is due.

i agree 100% with you. all my suspension is RTE along with bumper and sliders. Steve is awsome and i think people should see how his parts are being used. I just can't wait till i'm out of school and i can put my truck to use more like you are. hopefully on wednesday....

agbuckle98

Mar 10, 2006
I will have to agree 100% The RTE stuff I've bought and used is incredible, not only performance and durability, but overall fit and finish too! It's amazing how well everything fits. Even though I'll never beat my stuff like this, it's nice to know it will hold up.

az_max

Apr 22, 2005
justinhaaga said:
Here is why you buy RTE:

The bumper was the only thing stopping me from rolling over on my top (that was before the winch was hooked up) and destroying engine components.

Dude, remind me not to let you drive my truck! :eek:

How'd the recovery go?

maxyedor

May 9, 2006
Haha, I rolled my truck a little further than that a while back (90* off camber total) luckily I didn't have as much damage, looks earily similar though. I too blew a bead and bent a rim, unfortunatly it was an alloy rim, and even though it's didn't bend half as far it was cracked to peices.

RTE does make a pretty damn tip-top product!

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
DiscoveryXD said:
i was talking to a friend about that cause he said he didn't want a spare that could only go on one side. Obviously it wouldn't hurt offroad in an emergency, but he means more along the lines of as a long time thing on the street if he had to.
Actually, off-road is exactly where you don't want an off-road tire with a directional tread pattern on the wrong side. With most mud tires that have directional tread it's not going to matter that much on-road. As far as traction is concerned.

justinhaaga

Oct 27, 2004
Syracuse, UT
gmookher said:
Justin, how did you bend the rim back so it holds air on the trail? BFH?(for when this happens to me..)

sledge hammer. It took a few beatings but worked. Also, this tire held to the bead so it was easy to pump it back up, but if you blow a bead carry around a c02 tank of air. You can blast a tire back on it's bead, hence why I don't carry a spare.

oh by the way, the rim didn't bend when I was sideways... That was at another place.