Anyone ever seen one of these?

Springsroverfamily

Sep 23, 2005
Colorado Springs Co
Found this on Ebay wondering if anyone has used one? item # 120150808178 Performance Ignition Module, this is designed to replace the problematic lucas ignition module. Benefits include your Rover starting when it should, improved fuel economy, moisture will not effect this ignition module, and it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY! Questions please email todd@toddcosuspensions.com The kit now includes a new oil cooled performance coil replacing the non-oil cooled problematic stock coil. Simple to install, comes complete with instructions, connectors, and wiring. Discovery, Range Rover, Defender 90, & 110

MUSKYMAN

Apr 19, 2004
OverBarrington IL
lol...its a old style motorcraft piece of junk.

you can put all that under the cap with a pertronix ignitor for about $60

I havent seen that many ignition issues with these so I dont understand the need?

oh and the stock coil is oil filled like every other coil out there so that part is 100% BS

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
Springsroverfamily said:
Benefits include your Rover starting when it should, improved fuel economy

lmao.

an ebay product claiming to give a rover better fuel economy and improve its reliability is about as believable as the 20hp chip for $7.

toddco

Dec 20, 2006
The goal here was to do away with the Lucas Module at the price of $135. At $89.95 for a coil and a module it’s a pretty good deal. You may want to check your rovers coil not all are oil cooled, the dead give away is the difference in weight. Although this does resemble the ford dura-spark box, I have these made for me and matched to the coil. It will shoot a spark across a 1" gap and if you smoke you can light your cigarette with it. It’s brought a lot of dead rovers back to life! Take a look at http://www.toddcosuspensions.com I would like to know what I'm selling thats "complete shit and spam as well". Wether your cruising the mall or hitting the trails I abuse what I build and stand behind what I sell 100%.
Perhaps you have seen me on the trail, this is my latest build, it's a 1996 Discovery on 42's disco rock1.jpg