May 28, 2006
WA & NC
nevermind

too many a-holes make it not even fun to discuss the slightest things

Last edited:

EJB90

Feb 26, 2007
Connecticut
The LR3 looks pretty sick with the RRS wheels!

I love in the pic how you have the off road bumper and all that stuff and then the tires.... hahaha the tires! You can do some serious muddin with those.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
BuyRovers said:
Some neat stuff, but I would much rather spend the 60k on a different truck...

For the right person, this might be perfect. Please try to keep this for sale thread focusing on the good points. - thanks.

Yes, the 20's are a little crazy considering I used to think 18's were big on the disco2 but they make for very nice hwy handling. I also like not wearing down the bfg's when just running all over town, up to just hike, long road trips, etc. I did that on the disco 1 and had to replace them too often or not have the traction I wanted in winter or mud.

BuyRovers

Jan 21, 2006
www.aluclassics.com
Was not bashing your ride. Pump your brakes... This is an enthusiast website not autotrader, understand that people will comment on your add both positive and negative. I think your price is too high but maybe someone will jump on it.

C-

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
I saw that thing at the tint shop right after the africans slapped the film on it. Looked a lot meaner that day though, post better pic. Noone really cares about street tires here.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
crown14 said:
that means absolutely dick in Raleigh. Who is it? (out of curiousity)

You are a real sweetheart aren't you ;) Who are you anyway? and what tint shop are you referring to?

To answer, it was John at Flying Circus. He really did a nice clean thoughtful job and came up with some great solutions for things not many people have done on lr3's yet.

The next thing would be for the 3rd row seats to be pulled out and converted into built in floor level "trap door" style storage for things not needed to be so handy. I fit an ARB fridge into the spot where one of the outboard 2nd row seats sat. You could actually use the bolt in plate that the fridge will mount onto or just strap it to the mounts in the floor already.

About the street tires, I like the versatility of this being both highway and trail worthy so the 20's made sense to complete the range of uses.

I'll get some other shots together this weekend or next week and post a weblink to them.

Oh, and the tint guy was caucasian....the other guys do the detailing, which I declined for fear of shiny smelly crap all over the place.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
BuyRovers said:
Was not bashing your ride. Pump your brakes... This is an enthusiast website not autotrader, understand that people will comment on your add both positive and negative. I think your price is too high but maybe someone will jump on it.

C-

Pricing: It's all in what it's worth to the person who would want all that has been done on it as well as wanting an 07 hse with very few miles and which would look like new. Having over $12k in parts alone plus 3 sets of wheels and low mileage, the price is fair enough, not to mention the labor time or that it's "done" and ready to go. Even if you know ow to do some of this stuff, time is time as well as the knowhow to do it properly. However, I am sure many of the rover drivers out there could do a lot of the work sufficiently.

I would like it to go to someone who really appreciates everything on it.

SDD2

May 20, 2006
dude, nobody is going to care how much the labor cost you to put this thing together ... and if you read threads here you know that mods are not always seen as price-enhancing ... anyone serious about off-roading could do way better peformance-wise for a lot less than $60k, and folks looking for a bling LR3 are going to look at your rig and say wtf ...

your project was a labor of love I'm sure, but I think you've built a product for a market that doesn't exist ... good luck ...

jwest said:
Pricing: It's all in what it's worth to the person who would want all that has been done on it as well as wanting an 07 hse with very few miles and which would look like new. Having over $12k in parts alone plus 3 sets of wheels and low mileage, the price is fair enough, not to mention the labor time or that it's "done" and ready to go. Even if you know ow to do some of this stuff, time is time as well as the knowhow to do it properly. However, I am sure many of the rover drivers out there could do a lot of the work sufficiently.

I would like it to go to someone who really appreciates everything on it.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
SDD2 said:
dude, nobody is going to care how much the labor cost you to put this thing together ... and if you read threads here you know that mods are not always seen as price-enhancing ... anyone serious about off-roading could do way better peformance-wise for a lot less than $60k, and folks looking for a bling LR3 are going to look at your rig and say wtf ...

your project was a labor of love I'm sure, but I think you've built a product for a market that doesn't exist ... good luck ...

Probably so. I've gotten plenty of "wtf" looks from people who mainly barly know what any rover is to begin with. I mean, people craning their necks as I go by on the interstate or at stop lights, etc. Unfortunately the "right" buyer will likely not be a true rover enthusiest but rather someone whu just wants to "have" one.

This isn't "testing" though, not sure why someone would bother. If you're going to sell it, you're going to sell it right?

I'm not trying to waste anyone's time. I just thought of this venue as a good place for people who might dig it.

If someone can come up with a diesel solution for it, reasonably, I'll keep it ;)

Puddle Pirate

Sep 25, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
The important thing here is that he actually gets the thing dirty. I'm seeing more and more LR3s on the road and only see one or two on the trail.

I didn't have a Land Rover until recently but I heard everybody gave the DII owners a hard time when they first came out.

msggunny

Aug 3, 2007
Holly Ridge, NC
I think it looks nice. But i will never own a LR3, not in this life.

Good job on the work though, its much better to see one kitted out and getting diry as opposed to having a bling factor.

They do use LR3's in some countries the way they used to use Disco's, just not so much here.

Post it on Craigslist or EBay, i think all you are going to get here is abuse.

Good luck!

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
If someone can come up with a diesel solution for it, reasonably, I'll keep it ;)

not sure what you would consider reasonable, however, just in case you are unaware, the LR3 or D3 in other parts of the world has a 2.7 litre TdV6 common-rail diesel engine as an alternative to the gas engine.

all the parts to make it work are available from LR.

some nice additions to your Rover - good luck on the sale or the diesel conversion.

Jaime

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
Blueboy said:
not sure what you would consider reasonable, however, just in case you are unaware, the LR3 or D3 in other parts of the world has a 2.7 litre TdV6 common-rail diesel engine as an alternative to the gas engine.

all the parts to make it work are available from LR.

some nice additions to your Rover - good luck on the sale or the diesel conversion.

Jaime

yes, aware and envious, however the tdv8 is the one that would make it worthwhile. can you imagine how strong it would be and the mpg is very good as well. but for the conversion, i could buy a separate D2 !

Thanks all. I am in Seattle right now and saw some offroading jeepers last weekend when we went to Rainier to hike on a glacier. So, I think I should go check out the trails near here in the mean time and get some fun photos.

jasonjj

Feb 14, 2007
OH
Man, seeing that thing makes me sad they discontinued the Disco, or evolved it into the LR3. There are no new trucks out there that look like trucks anymore, except that mercedes thing and who the F can afford that! I suppose if you lost the running boards and got some different wheels that thing could look a lot better. I see youve got the snorkel on there, but then the running boards, doesnt make sense to me. Anyway, sorry for the commentary, but like they said, this isnt autotrader. I'm sure there is a buyer out there for you. Good luck.