African Ingenuity

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
I live in Africa every summer and I've seen some pretty sweet stuff. Some of the toys the kids make are pure genius. I'm loving this site..nice find.

msggunny

Aug 3, 2007
Holly Ridge, NC
varova87 said:
I live in Africa every summer and I've seen some pretty sweet stuff. Some of the toys the kids make are pure genius. I'm loving this site..nice find.

Where abouts do you spend your summers?

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
msggunny said:
Where abouts do you spend your summers?

my first 2 were in Botswana. Loved it, but I wanted more. Now I drive overland trucks for an organization, taking teams wherever they need to go, leading trips. Anywhere from Tanzania (Zanzibar Island) down to Cape Town.

Its nice becuase over the years I've made enough friends and contacts to have at least one free place to stay in almost every country south of Tanzania.

Chief Mikuni (chief in Livingstone Zambia) is a personal friend. Free place right on Victoria Falls! :applause:

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
Ive driven everything from Defenders to Old Series to Man Diesels.

I have to say, the MAN Diesel is my favorite. Working on the engine is a blast, and its equipped with front/rear lockers, GPS, Sat phone, etc... almost unstoppable. Carries 27 people and can hold around 5,000 lbs of gear. kitchen and spare tires are on the back, all floor panels open up to store food, gear, etc..

Attachments

• phpVe8Jo9PM.jpg
    phpVe8Jo9PM.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 27
  • phplGfZ4aPM.jpg
    phplGfZ4aPM.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 25

msggunny

Aug 3, 2007
Holly Ridge, NC
Good stuff.

I loved my 3 years in Africa; Uganda and Zimbabwe.

Had a few friends who were able to drive from Kampala to Cape Town, they had a great time.

Thats where i "found" Land Rovers

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
Uganda is on my "to go" list. The Zimbabwe side of Vic falls is beautiful. Know a few guys with shops over there. Wasnt able to get into Zimbabwe with the truck last summer due to some unrest...