2007 LR3 HSE - MODIFIED for travel/camping/trail

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
Details: 2007 LR3 HSE, Metallic Black w/ Tan interior fully loaded with LUX, SAT, NAV and HSE pkgs. Does NOT have locking rear diff although terrain response 'nearly' negates the necessity - it does have a WINCH.

~11,000 miles.

Asking for around $48 - $52k OBO - depending on a few items below that could be part of the deal or not such as: 19" wheels and tires in new condition, hannibal rack, awnings, roof lighting kit (not in photos-4x hella cateye and rear work lamps already wired in to dome switches) even without rack, etc. It's flexible. photos of interior mods, dome switches, battery, air, etc to follow soon if interested buyer.

http://www.jwestproductions.com/lr3/

OK, to clarify, yes this is totally "set up" for serious trail use (parts list below) but it has not really yet been used as such. Therefore, it is in nearly new condition with no dents and nothing underneath has contacted any surface at all. The photos show it on what you would call "roads" and were not rugged trails - of course for some vehicles they would have beenhttp://forum.solihullsociety.org/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif. It would be fun to really test it but in the interest of selling, keeping it undamaged is the pla for now.

Reason for selling: It was a project to fulfill and idea/plan and has since been replaced with something more appropriate for our needs. Plans changed.

It has had the 7500 mi service at Seattle Rover dealer as well as an update to the computerized throttle control (to shift more smoothly).

The leather is clean with no damage anywhere (2nd and 3rd row seats have mostly been folded close and covered by rubber mat 100% of the time anyway keeping them perfect.

Parts:

(Rack and awnings in photos not part of sale however can be negotiated as desired or I can direct you to the same source)

WINDOW TINT - 3M all including sunroof, legal in all states (not too dark). No tint scuffs or scratches anywhere either.

MODS/PARTS (including misc hook-ups/shipping and/or tax/rounded to nearest $50 by recollection. If you want to debate the costs <they are close enough>, I'll be glad to do so when you are ready to make an offer above $47k, not all from cheapest possible places but rather from companies I'd rather deal with regularly):

$1200 ARB bumper - with factory fogs and parking sensors re-installed
$1000 WARN winch XD9000
$250 Hella 1000 black magic lamps on bumper with clear plastic stone shields. Just used for wider spread seeing as stock lights are pretty strong for long distance. I know, the 4000's on my D1 ae better but these are not primary lighting by any means and I already had them.

$1500 Rasta underbody plating (all 4 sections available for lr3 but front underbumper plate is not mounted)

$1600 Rock Slider/undersill side protection plating with side rails by Rover Specialties (very protective of the 2 air tanks and 2 compressors as well)

$2400 Rear bumper+tire carrier+jerry can holder by KAYMAR with parking sensors re-installed and license plate relocation with lamp.

$300 rear ladder-lr genuine
$250 rear lamp guards-lr genuine
$80 body side moulding-lr genuine
$550 snorkle-lr genuine
$350 towing block and wiring-lr genuine
$300 cargo mats rubber-lr genuine (rear flat, rear 5" deep, 3rd row foot-well, other passenger as well)

Electrical & AIR - run on 2nd battery system-all switches, gauges inside left rear access panel:
$500, DUAL BATTERY system user switchable from either to combined using Odyssey 2150 (almost $300 itself) custom mounted in enlarged normal location (almost double capacity of yellow top optima).
$100, 400watt POWER INVERTER flush mounted in left rear panel wall in such way as to be upgraded or replaced without removing panels.
$500, ON BOARD AIR socket fed by ARB compressor mounted on right side vehicle with stock 2nd air tank similar to left side arrangement (both protected by rock slider plating)
3x 12V SOCKETS additionally mounted 1 at each very rear panel top and one near left side 2nd seat door panel section for Fridge, etc.
MAP LIGHTS & secondary DOME LIGHTS all run off 2nd battery with no time-out, center dome lights run standard with normal stock time-out feature.
REAR LIFT GATE 'DOME' LAMP added for more light onto tail gate area (faces down when gate up above head).
REAR GATE interior release switch - allows exit from inside rear.

$400 Rear work lamps and/or forward roof lights switchable via 4 lit switches in front cockpit overhead. roof rack and lamps not included but it is all pre-wired (no roof holes were cut, all are powered through single line out with single plug <round trailer plug> for roof rack removal simplicity)

Parts alone were around $12k and all work was done by a certified Master Land Rover tech in NC at Flying Circus English Cars, Ltd.

Interior and other photos available if seriously interested.

Stock 19" wheels also available in addition to stock bumpers and sills.

Attachments

• lr3.bfg.fl.s.jpg
    lr3.bfg.fl.s.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 199
  • lr3.bfg.lr.s.jpg
    lr3.bfg.lr.s.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 257
  • flyingcircus.shop.s.jpg
    flyingcircus.shop.s.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
The price is now fair to start from if someone is interested. It is an offer, if you don't like it, don't waster your time here.

champana

Jan 9, 2006
Hippie Hollow, AL
man, i love your truck, but your wasting your time on here. part it out and sell the truck stock. and sell the parts. you may actually get more for it that way. good luck.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
I was considering that actually. It's certainly easier to remove everything than it was to install.

mountenn

Jul 20, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
jwest said:
The price is now fair to start from if someone is interested. It is an offer, if you don't like it, don't waster your time here.

You hate to see it happen, you really do.

Jwest, man, you really do have a lot of nice stuff on that truck. I just want you to realize that you are absolutely wasting your time here. All you are doing is setting yourself up to get shit-talked and have your truck bashed.

You are probably a pretty nice guy, but you have got to get over the "Rudy" antics. Coach isn't going to put you in on this one, buddy. Move on.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
expectthebest said:
Why are you selling? It's practically brand new.

Our vehicle needs/plans changed this summer, partially from when I was single to now part of a pair. My disco II will be more than fine for my trail/camping needs and we plan to use the diesel suv for our long distance travels and towing needs (road trips and towing the airstream, bike trailer to the track, etc.). Getting 24mpg in the thing is great for such purpose and it is off-road "capable" - not like the lr3 or disco but enough for what we'd need on trips together.

Also, we don't find the seats as comfortable for long hours on the road/ multi week road trips. Most people seem to like them just fine though.

Otherwise, it's a really great vehicle that I will be sad to see leave.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
Come on guys, being that I love the discos, I wouldn't start driving a jeep or Ford now. The lr3 has enough ford in it already. First car was a very crappy 68 VW beetle, later had an '82 volvo 240 with 225,000 miles until it literally died, then came the first rover, a used 1996 Discovery I put 160,000 miles on it in 5 years, then the '04 disco II and this lr3.

I do recall liking my moms old 62 GMC Suburban though, that thing was pretty cool and hauled us all around the US for years.

.... it has abut 550 ft-lb torque though and recently averaged 24 mpg on a round trip from Seattle to the top of a pass, up some easy but steep rutted trails in the snow, and back. Never shifted out of 6th climbing the pass interstate in cruise at 75mph either.

It does not have the offroad heritage or ability of the lr3 or especially the disco with much less wheel travel but it's great for hwy touring with the occasional trail. The Disco I will likely become the primary trail vehicle.

The Excursion comes in Diesel? Hmm, not my taste but probably a great towing vehicle. If I were going that big I'd probably go towards Dodge quad cab.

Last edited:

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
draaronr said:
GL320CDI? is my guess

Drove it, not much "fun" and a little too swanky for my taste. Very wel built and safe though. Next version is supposed to be a 420 using a TDV8 I've heard.