How many people have actually been stranded due to DII electrical problems?

Like the thread title says...

• Total voters

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
And I don't mean irritated, I mean dick in the dirt stranded.
Edit
Ok, let's make this more specific in case you didn't know what I mean. I'm talking about D2 unique electronics such as traction control. Crank sensors are not unique to D2's so don't count. Dead batteries don't count. If you don't have a D2 please don't vote or I will make every post of yours that I see a living hell (drsus). Thank you.

Last edited:

Agent

Jun 20, 2007
WV
Yup, my DII died about 3 mile out into the bugger woods. Worked fine going in, parked and did a few hours worth of hiking, came back and it was dead as a door nail. Luckily, some well drillers were working in the area, and were able to give us a jump. I never did figure out why it died.

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
Agent said:
Yup, my DII died about 3 mile out into the bugger woods. Worked fine going in, parked and did a few hours worth of hiking, came back and it was dead as a door nail. Luckily, some well drillers were working in the area, and were able to give us a jump. I never did figure out why it died.
If they gave you a jump, the battery died. Sorry, this one doesn't count as it can happen to any Rover model.

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
NVRover said:
No electrical problems ever with either of our D2s.

Walter, did you have a problem recently?
No, just always hearing the anti d2 crowd quoting electrical problems as a reason not to wheel a d2.
I see there are now 2 votes for eating the kids. Whoever voted on the 2nd one, care to elaborate?

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
If you are goint to vote for being stuck, let's hear the details. If not, it's achicken shit vote and I won't count it since it's my poll and I can do what I want.

jimjet

Feb 22, 2005
L.I.N.Y./Daytona Beach Fl
None yet
But
I never park below the High Tide mark and more like 100 feet from it.

I just dont trust it thanks to this board .

With my luck it will break down in your driveway after spending quality time with Bobbie.

Last edited:
D

Daniel Cole

If a crankshaft sensor counts, then yes. Otherwise no. My DII has been a great vehicle.

Agent

Jun 20, 2007
WV
rovercanus said:
If they gave you a jump, the battery died. Sorry, this one doesn't count as it can happen to any Rover model.

True. Seems like its had just about every other possible problem through. To be honest, I've pretty much lost faith in it as a daily driver and I don't think I'm gonna put much more $$$ into it as a trail rig. :(