Brass diff plugs, fair price for a good product

paidtodrive

Feb 3, 2008
Asheville, NC
Ok, I believe in a fair price for a well made piece of equipment, but $20 for a diff plug (DII)? For what Expedition Exchange wants, you'd think they were made of gold. It would be nice if the ones from my old Toyota (that came with a built in magnet no less) fit. Anyone else make a replacement for the plastic factory plugs?

KaJuN

Jan 28, 2006
Ohio
I see your Escalade's 25 inch rims and I raise you my gold diff plugs. Out-bling that playa!

maxyedor

May 9, 2006
It's a 3/4" NPT thread, $20 is a little pricey for brass, but brass is fucking expensive these days. Why you would need a brass diff plug is beyong me though, go to NAPA and get some steel ones with magnets on them, mine cost me like $1.50 each.

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
I stuff mine with paper towels. I use Bounty, the cheapo Food Lion store brand won't hold up.

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
Hmm.. speaking of EE's brass diff plugs.. I just noticed this today with mine... good thing i saved the plastic ones! I probably overtightened it last time I put it on..

And yes, I know my diff guard needs some rust attention... welcome to NJ..

Attachments

• diffplugsj3.jpg
    diffplugsj3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
rmuller said:
Hmm.. speaking of EE's brass diff plugs.. I just noticed this today with mine... good thing i saved the plastic ones!

And yes, I know my diff guard needs some rust attention... welcome to NJ..

Might just need new O ring Ryan.

Cheers,

Mike

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
You can see a big crack on the top of it, I think thats where everything is leaking out of... I'm going to pull it and check it when I get home from work today..

Sears

Apr 22, 2004
Atlanta, GA
$20 apiece isn't cheap, but neither is quality. After literally have to drill into the plastic one on my rear diff to remove it, I have no problem paying for quality. I can't believe the plastic ones were ever used, they flex way too much if slightly overtightened (by the dealer no less)