Rebuilt 3.9 Long Block $1100

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
I have a sweet rebuilt 3.9 long block for sale.

Shipping will be via forward air and is included to any forward air terminal in the lower 48.

The following is new or rebuilt,

Heads/ valves, rebuilt and machined here in SLC
Lifters
cam
cam bearings
rings
water pump
timing chain and gear, replaced with Buick 215
viscous clutch
top and bottom hoses
Ford Racing Injectors
composite gaskets
all belts

This is a good engine. Runs strong and cold. It has less than 500 miles on it after the rebuild. Basically the only two things that aren't included are the wires and distributor.

For $1500 I'll include the brand new Lucas 80 amp alternator and the re-cored radiator.

Roverdoc

Dec 12, 2004
California
This is drop in and a great buy for a long term rover overhaul. Someone buy this...rebuilt from the floor up.

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
I failed to mention it's V-belt.

Also has all new sensors, temp sensor, fuel sensor and oil sensor.

Roverdoc

Dec 12, 2004
California
oh yeah...injectors alone are well over 200 plus all the new rebuild parts plus rebuilt heads and valves.

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
Shipping is included for $1100. There are two forward air terminals in your general area... San Fran and Sacramento.

RoverTrader

Banned
Mar 20, 2006
How much with the wires and dist, with the amp, but no Rad- using it in a D-90? Is it truely drop in at that point- just mount up and go?

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
RoverTrader said:
How much with the wires and dist, with the amp, but no Rad- using it in a D-90? Is it truely drop in at that point- just mount up and go?

Well the wires are now on my DI and my distributor was having problems so I wouldn't want you to use it.

I would throw in the alternator for the $1100.

RoverTrader

Banned
Mar 20, 2006
Gotta ask- why selling, and not using it- the motor that is? Oh- and sorry 'bout "amp", meant alt. Also, any ECU or harness included? I have a '94 D-90 toasted, and had planned to part her, but have near everything to rebuild except a motor- including an auto/LT230 from a 40k '97 LE. Hence, all the ancillary questions.

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
RoverTrader said:
Gotta ask- why selling, and not using it- the motor that is? Oh- and sorry 'bout "amp", meant alt. Also, any ECU or harness included? I have a '94 D-90 toasted, and had planned to part her, but have near everything to rebuild except a motor- including an auto/LT230 from a 40k '97 LE. Hence, all the ancillary questions.

Basically decided my RRC wasn't going to be the truck I wanted it to. Blew my tranny and that was the deciding factor. I built the engine on a stand with BP head bolts and the full head gasket kit.

LOL, if you part your D90, I want your front calipers ;)

Roverdoc

Dec 12, 2004
California
RoverTrader said:

This is drop in for you...plug and play.

RoverTrader

Banned
Mar 20, 2006
I realize that- but nothing to "plug" into but burnt wires, hence the ECU/harness/etc. I have a partial '97 D-90 harness, but need to get as much as possible to make it work. By the way, I have a couple spare axles, so front calipers are no problem. How about the ECU? I have sold the built wheeler as we have a 2 & 4 yo, and my hardcore wheeling trips are nil. The Tdis are great for family trips, exploring, pulling the adventure trailer, etc, and I just picked up a RRC for moderate club wheeling. And if I get this/or a motor, can piddle along building the 90 for the good stuff without having a small fortune in it. Hope that gives a little insight.... and hence my interest in this setup.