Camping May 1st weekend, GWNF, Virginia

D

D Chapman

Meadow knob

From the North
From I-81, exit 256 (Rt-33 Harrisonburg)

West Market St/US-33w, 10 mi
Turn left at Clover Hill Rd/VA-613, 4.2 mi
Turn right to stay on Briery Branch (at the 257 Grocery/Gas) Rd/Rte-257
Go to the top of the MTN to the cross roads. Bare right.
Follow gravel road for about 6 miles, once you come down the very rocky section, you'll pass right through Meadow Knob.

I'll get GPS coordinates when I can.

For those of you coming from the South, here is a better route:
Take I-81 exit 240 for VA-682/VA-257 toward Mt Crawford/Bridgewater
Turn left at top of the ramp, Friedens Church Rd/VA-257/VA-682, and follow for 3.4 mi
Turn left at N Main St/VA-42 (3rd Stop Light) (at the Hardees)
Cross the River Bridge and turn right at Rte-727/Spring Creek Rd and follow for 3 mi
At the "T" intersection, turn right at Rte-613/Spring Creek Rd, and follow for 2.3 mi
At the "T" intersection, turn left at Briery Branch Rd/Rte-257, and follow for 2.4 mi
Turn right at the 257 Grocery/Gas to stay on Briery Branch Rd/Rte-257
Go to the top of the MTN to the 4-way. Bare right onto SR85 and follow all the way back to Meadow Knob. From the paved road to the knob, it's about 20-minutes at 10mph.

Coming
Friday Arrival
Daniel
Tami
Caleb (wife?)
Corey (plus kids)
JB (plus his imaginary friend)
Skillz (plus kids)
Christina R. (and her new boyfriend, Cooper)
Trevor R. (plus guns)
John White (With dinner)

Saturday Arrival
Walter (and his k9 wife, Bobbi)
Tamy (and her boyfriend Jim)
Ryan Sours
Tammy Stowers
Dave
Valencia
Dave and V's basketball team
John Keeney
Suz
Mike Noe (and his groovy family)

Flip-Flopping back-and-Forth like a little bitch

Ian

Not sure, but maybe
sboada

Fucker List
Mike F.
Brandon
Mike Johnson
Jimmy (and his gay lover)
Ivan
Galen

Last edited:

sboada

Sep 14, 2007
NoVA
I may be interested. I've been trying to get down there since we moved here last summer. What's required, if anything, to get a campsite?

Last edited:

sboada

Sep 14, 2007
NoVA
Not for me it's not. I thought about going, but by the time I make the 6 hr drive there, the rally would be half over.

Last edited:
D

D Chapman

No reservations, etc required. It's in the National Forest. Just show up.

Light wheeling, nothing hard. Good fishing, scenic views, awesome weather. Just a chill kindda setting. No schedule, no place to be. Just a cooler, some radio tunes, and stories by the fire.

sboada

Sep 14, 2007
NoVA
Sounds good to me. Just put on my OME and looking forward to taking it offroad. May have the wife and dog with me, if they're lucky!

JohnK

Sep 28, 2004
Maryland
D Chapman said:
Light wheeling, nothing hard. Good fishing, scenic views, awesome weather. Just a chill kindda setting. No schedule, no place to be. Just a cooler, some radio tunes, and stories by the fire.
I heard it was like a cross between Brokeback Mountain and Deliverance.

quick128

Jul 21, 2008
Waynesboro VA
If I can get some time off work I'll be there. I'm going to be switching to daylight the middle of April so I'm not sure of my schedule yet.

D

D Chapman

quick128 said:
If I can get some time off work I'll be there. I'm going to be switching to daylight the middle of April so I'm not sure of my schedule yet.

Just be sure your wife is there. If you can make it, fine. If not, that's fine, too. But as long as your wife is there, we're cool.

quick128

Jul 21, 2008
Waynesboro VA
D Chapman said:
Just be sure your wife is there. If you can make it, fine. If not, that's fine, too. But as long as your wife is there, we're cool.

maybe I can get her to come. I keep telling her she doesn't have her lifted truck for nothing.

cpmarden

Dec 5, 2008
North Garden, Va
[URL="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfNR-ft7A4" said:
quick128]If I can get some time off work I'll be there. I'm going [/URL]to be switching to daylight the middle of April so I'm not sure of my schedule yet.

I on the other hand am not going anywhere:banghead: Count me in

Last edited:

JohnK

Sep 28, 2004
Maryland
D Chapman said:
We'll be in Virginia; not West Virginia.
Will there be high speed internet access?

Do you know when and where Flagpole is? It used to be held on Flagpole until the early 1980s when there were two fatalities in separate (alcohol-related) accidents where cars drove off the side of the mountain.

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
We're in, especially if John K comes, he sure do got him some purty lips, and I think he wears tighty whities!

D

D Chapman

I'll start a list as its gets closer to time. But it looks like we've got ~12 people interested so far. If it gets any larger, we'll do Meadow Knob for sure.

Any one seen or heard from Corey (Fire74)?

D

D Chapman

Puddle Pirate said:
I think I can make this. Where are theese areas? I'm also heading up on the ^th of April to do some backpacking on the AT if anyone is interested.

Between Rt. 33 and Rt. 257 near Birary Branch.