The Cove, 2009

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
I'm glad Jeff's truck (and Jeff) made it!

Did it rain all day Friday and Saturday like here?

I bet Thursday was perfect though!

Last edited:
D

D Chapman

emmodg said:
Where's the one of you on two wheels?

I'm pissed no one got one. Video would have been a lot better, though. Pictures are not at all doing the trail justice. And that spot where we almost rolled looks flat.

cpmarden

Dec 5, 2008
North Garden, Va
heather and I had a great time. it was fun to see everyone again. that was my first time at the cove, can't wait to go back. next time i am going to just drag trevor out of his house at gunpoint.:shoot:

thanks again for putting it together.

Roving Beetle

Really quite bummed I didn't make it again.... Someone explain to me why the F-ing h3ll I sold the TDI Disco? Sometimes I think my brain has a little Lucas wiring. :)

Looks like I may be in New Zealand for a while this mid/late winter but I will be back around for mid summer till fall anyway next year! I WILL FIND A WAY to be there. I really should have jumped on a plane and then just hitched a ride with someone for the trails.

However I did spend the weekend hiking 17-18 miles with the wifey and camping way out in the middle of Baxter State Park... it was our 11th anniversary after all. :)

Doug

Nomar

Apr 23, 2004
Virginia
These trails really offer a lot.
A stock truck WITH DIFFGUARDS could have much fun here.

A trailered truggy on 40"s would have much fun here.

Aug 20, 2007
Nashville TN
Roving Beetle said:
Really quite bummed I didn't make it again.... Someone explain to me why the F-ing h3ll I sold the TDI Disco? Sometimes I think my brain has a little Lucas wiring. :)

Looks like I may be in New Zealand for a while this mid/late winter but I will be back around for mid summer till fall anyway next year! I WILL FIND A WAY to be there. I really should have jumped on a plane and then just hitched a ride with someone for the trails.

However I did spend the weekend hiking 17-18 miles with the wifey and camping way out in the middle of Baxter State Park... it was our 11th anniversary after all. :)

Doug

i love that you sold it. i get to drive it every time i go to birmingham! i just wish they'd give me a little more on trade in. i'd still have to pay $7,000 on TOP of my truck trade in!

JohnK

Sep 28, 2004
Maryland
Damn. I forgot that I had a baggie of Destination M/T lugs that I wanted to dump in the chili pot.

dtl

Jul 10, 2008
Manassas, VA
Nice pics guys, I should check this site more often to find out when shit like this is going on. Garrett I didn't realize the Cove could look pretty!