In Search of the Experience Races the Baja 1000 THIS NOVEMBER 17th-20th!!!

eliaschristeas

Jul 6, 2006
Beverly HIlls
Without further ado, I’m pleased to announce the next leg of the “In Search of the Experience” journey. This November, we attack the Baja 1000 in our 1989 Range Rover Classic! While the original plan was to just keep it stock and make it tough, it has since evolved into what promises to be a real competitive truck.
<O:p</O:p
As the months of disassembly and re-engineering have gone on, we’ve received some outstanding support from PT Schram Rover Repair, Overland Rovers, D&D Fabrications, Rovertym Engineering, ESEE Knives, Hella, Corbeau, Bilstein, Auto-Meter, Heads Above the Rest in Fullerton, ATL, Auto-Meter, Bond Auto Parts, OC-Rovers, Pyrotect, All Out Off-Road Fabrication, and “The Shirt-Lab."
I’m continually humbled by and am greatful for the online Rover communities contribution to my own personal journey within the life-style and whole-heartedly invite anyone able and willing to join us in Ensenada (or along the route) from Nov 17<SUP>th</SUP>-20<SUP>th</SUP>!
For updates, sponsor gear detail and reviews, build specs and ways to get involved on the team please visit: www.insearchoftheexperience.com and show your support by joining as a fan on our facebook page where you can always find picture updates, build status and exclusive sponsor discounts for race fans and team members!!! FB link:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ISOTE-Off-Road-Racing/172019369510879
Thank you all for your support and hopefully we’ll see ya in Baja!!!<O:p</O:p

Last edited:

knewsom

Jul 10, 2008
La Mancha, CA
Dude, that's fantastic! I remember back when you mentioned what you'd "hypothetically" do for a Baja rover, haha, now I might actually get to SEE it?? Count me in!

I'm in San Diego now, and will be for a good long while, so I DEFINITELY want to cruise down and check it out, if there's any way I can help you and your team, whether by schlepping spare rover parts down the peninsula, or even just carrying water for you dudes, let me know. I've always wanted to see the Baja 1000, and have dreamed of taking part in some way shape and form for YEARS.

You've got my number, it's still the same - drop me a line amigo. Oh, and if you're going to do any trials in the desert... I REALLY want to know. ;)

-Kris

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
D-webbers, don't forget to send the Facebook link to your friends and bump up the number of "likes".

A fundraising site is in the works, too.

Any requests for the kinds of info you want to see on the Facebook page? In addition to the usual Discoweb response "Pics of hot girlfriend" etc?

Last edited:

knewsom

Jul 10, 2008
La Mancha, CA
Love all the build photos, the parts photos are cool too. I'd like to see more details about what's gone into this thing.

Mostly, I want to see pics of it in action! Flying through the air, spraying up dirt in the desert, pics of drivers covered in dust, etc.

...oh, and hot girls in bikinis with the truck too. ;)

knewsom

Jul 10, 2008
La Mancha, CA
I absolutely have acces to good gear, and I know how to shoot, too. ;) I need a little notice ahead of time so I can make sure one of my buddies doesn't have a shoot planned or something, but other than that, no problem.

I also have a good 35mm camera and lenses if you guys want some quality stills.

If you guys are setting up a fundraising site, we should definitely put together a kickass video. Mongo - what onboards do you have? GoPros? We could put something really awesome together!

Mongo

Apr 19, 2004
Everything from gopro's to fully robotic camera with lens clearing systems...lots of options, I've been playing phone tag with E....

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
knewsom said:
:drool: Sweeeeeet!

I have access to either a Canon 7D, 5D, or a nice Sony HD camera with a 35mm adapter and a set of Zeiss primes.

Kris, check your personal email.

eliaschristeas

Jul 6, 2006
Beverly HIlls
just wanna say thanks to the OUTPOURING of support from this and other forums. Everything that i've grown to love about this community is getting funneled into this endeavor - all the knowledge, all the relationships - and i am eternally greatful for the enthusiasm and backing.

with the arrival of our suspension from rovertym and bilstein THIS MORNING, we are rounding the corner on the completion of the build and for all intents and purposes should be testing from 2week, on. there are loads of facebook and website updates coming so stay tuned for that.

FINALLY - YES is the answer to all that want to help. From being in actual chase trucks to just plain old cheering us on along the way, we NEED YOUR SUPPORT. I will have more specifics on how to help in the coming weeks but there is an official sign up sheet available with our trips quartermaster - nick bratton - dwebs TUGELA.

please email him at nbratton@uw.edu and give him name, vehicle type, what youre willing to do and how you want to be involved as well as contact info. dont worry, we're trying to come up with a cool swag bag for all those who join the team.

we are so excited to enter this thing as a "do it yourself team" and are dually looking forward to sharing in the moment we cross the finish line with all of you there.

cheers e

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
I echo everything Elias said about being impressed by the enthusiasm for this effort and eagerness to help. Just over a year ago I was up to my neck in a head gasket replacement and Elias gave me some valuable help to keep me on track. Now I'm pleased to return the favor. For those of you who want to get involved, send me an email with the following information:

1. Name
2. City & state you live in
3. Phone number (optional, if you prefer to be contacted by phone)
4. What do you want to do? Examples: hang out and cheer/be the team masseuse
5. Do you have a special skill or equipment you want to contribute. Examples: I can weld/cinematographer with film gear/fluent in Spanish and familiar with the area/I'm a trained chef and can cater a meal
6. When do you want to be there? The race runs from Thursday, November 17 through Sunday, November 20. You are welcome to be there for part or all of it.
7. Do you have a Rover you want to drive down? What is it? Do you have passenger room? Do you want to ride with someone who is driving their Rover?

I'll keep track of all the folks who want to get involved and we'll coordinate details for the support posse as the race approaches.

In the meantime, please visit our Facebook page and Like us! Add a comment! Tell your friends about us and send them a link to our Facebook page. Support our sponsors. Talk us up on your (other) favorite online discussion forums.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/<wbr>ISOTE-Off-Road-Racing/<wbr>172019369510879

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Our fundraising site is up!

Link to fundraising site.

Please check it out. You can "like" the page on Facebook. And if you make a contribution your generosity will be recognized. We have some cool perks, so go see what they are.

Don't forget to check out the ISOTE Racing Facebook page as well. There should be some new photos up soon of the Range Rover with its new Rovertym lift.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Pic of lifted Range Rover now up on Facebook site. Maxxis tires, Rovertym lift, hood vents, lights installed, it's looking badass!