rte vs lucky 8 springs

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
Rte 5. D2 isolators upfront, stock d1 isolators rear. Bouncy, at times almost uncontrollable

risers.jpg

Lucky 8 4.5 no isolators. Similar ride to my ome hd daily driver

risers2.jpg

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
Your drag link looks a little tweaked. ;)
Want to get a grab me a measurment from the center of the wheel up to the "lateral line" running along the body?
How do you like the L8 4.5" springs overall? How do they work when the truck is loaded up?

JustAddMtns

Jun 22, 2007
NC
Before the RTE website was changed they had the front and backs switched around in the description. I took it at face value and installed them (3in) that way. The disco bucked and hopped all over the place. It is very dangerous to say the least...mostly how you described your experience in your first post. I switched them around and it was distinctly different. They've been fine ever since.

JustAddMtns

Jun 22, 2007
NC
I'll add the front sat a little higher than the rear as well.

Last edited:

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
So how are the springs holding up? You say you lost about 2" compared to the 5" RTE springs, how would you say they compare to the 3" RTE springs then?

Also, I'd still love a measurement from the front wheel center straight up to the horizontal line on the front fender. :)

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
These were used so maybe that is an outlier, but these springs are not holding up. The truck sits much lower now than it does in the above picture. I think the PO had dana 60 and 14 bolt possibly retained. I don't know.

Later this year I'll probably replace them with a new set of 4.5 springs from L8.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
I think so. I don't see anyone else complaining about them sagging. Maybe my truck just weighs too much