• 007b.jpg
    007b.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 008b.jpg
    008b.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 140

az_max

Apr 22, 2005
I pulled up the carpets on the passenger side and I can see through to the outside. I'll put it on the list of things to fix...

Eliot

Feb 4, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I pulled up the carpets on the passenger side and I can see through to the outside. I'll put it on the list of things to fix...

A handy feature... it allows the driver to diagnosis the road conditions without leaving the vehicle.

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
You had the padding in still, didn't you?

That padding seems to just absorb moisture and let it chill there above the metal...

FWIW this is why I got a vehicle from Arizona, you lift the carpets and all you see is the chawton white, no other colors...

Roving Beetle

Hmmmm - Monstaliner seems popular. Not bad stuff I'd say.

Tempting but I'd almost rather just pull my carpets twice a year and inspect stuff. Providing some ventalation would be the ticket. I am thinking the cedar breather stuff would really help. And providing protected drain holes....

whatroad

Banned
Mar 8, 2007
Union, ME
The herculiner I rolled on the pans of the ecr dunebuggies was rather thick and rugged. I wouldn't hesitate to use that again, I think it was around $100/gallon

lunchbox

Apr 20, 2004
St Louis, MO
Be careful with dynomat as it can and does trap moisture.

I wish there was a DIY rhino liner stuff. Not cheap thin crap. Real nice thick stuff. I don't want to trailer my truck an hour each way to have it done.

My friends shop I'm using sprays linex. So that's the plan for now. I'd still like something between it and the carpets.

whatroad

Banned
Mar 8, 2007
Union, ME
My friends shop I'm using sprays linex. So that's the plan for now. I'd still like something between it and the carpets.

Go to Tractor Supply, get a small roll of hog/cow mat. It comes in different thicknesses. It's a dense rubber that's tough as hell. That would help absorb noise pretty well, lay the carpet over it.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
Just take the "sponge"out from the floors and rear cargo area and be done with it.

The noise inside isn't that bad without it and the metal will surely appreciate it.

Just turn up the tunes and keep the windows open when on the road.