94 D1 300tdi/R380

Mtanzania

Nov 30, 2010
KC, MO
Asking 11,500

I am selling my Coniston green 1994 D1 with a 300TDI/R380. It was a factory 5 speed so the swap is very natural looking. It is the base model with no sunroof and has cloth/manual seats. The vehicle has had front seat covers installed as long as I know so the seats are in great shape. Below I have listed all the work performed within about the last 2 years/5,000 miles. Currently the electric door locks are not working. They were working until the install of the A/C at which time something occurred...I would assume somebody with some sort of electrical knowledge could easily fix this. I’m just completely retarded with regard to wiring. The alarm still works if the front driver's door is locked, just doesn't activate the other door locks. Everything else works properly...factory radio/tape player, all door handles are adjusted properly, etc. Transmission and Transfer case are excellent.

Detailed Photo's here

http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/Mtanzania/library/1994 Discovery 300TDI
The vehicle was converted to diesel in October/November 2012 with a kit purchased from a member on discoweb. Below is a link to the ad for information on the kit. It included the engine, transmission, transfer case, radiator/intercooler, fuel filter assembly, etc... Since install it has performed admirably and was installed professionally by a mechanic friend of mine who is also a discoweb member. He has graciously offered to answer questions so if you would like to speak with him, let me know and I’ll get you in contact with him. He was also the previous owner of this vehicle and performed much of the work. At the time the diesel was installed, it received a new timing belt kit, front and rear crank seals, new water pump (P gasket has also been done), couple of new idler pulleys, new engine mounts welded in, new clutch (entire kit with throw out bearing), flywheel was machined, new fuel filter, new fuel injector crush washers. This vehicle was built with the intent of keeping it so everything has been done as well as possible. The engine gives a slight puff of smoke on start up if it has been sitting for a week or so but none after that. Always starts right up without any issues. Glow plugs and everything work properly.

Besides the diesel swap, the vehicle has the following, again, less than 2 years old with probably less than 5K miles

New OME HD springs and shocks, including steering dampener

Terrafirma corrected radius arms (purchased on discoweb, see link below for information)

New adjustable panhard rod

New ARB winch bumper

New Magnaflow stainless exhaust system

Replaced rear Differential with one from a RRC in order to get rid of the rotoflex found on the Discovery

New Radiator (in August 2013)

Proper A/C compressor, new condenser, etc...works great

New Silicone intercooler hoses

Amsoil fluids THROUGHOUT (transmission, engine, diff’s, etc)

Replaced the dash with a near perfect one with no curl/damage

New headliner

Good Sport King All terrain tires (stock size)

Hella 500’s (hooked up and working)

New ladder to access roof rack

Installed hydraulic rear step

Quarter panels were trimmed slightly in order to run 265’s

Safety Devices roof rack with 4 PIA lights (Not currently hooked up) and new factory mounting hardware-will also include a rear facing light and a new mount that can be easily modified to hold a tire securely on the roof rack if wanted (has spots that need to be refinished...just never got around to it)

D2 style cup holders

NEEDS:

The rubber around the back windows is cracked--should be replaced eventually.

There is a crack in the windshield...I have a good one in my parts car but not sure how to remove/replace.

Has some rust...I have included pictures. I have performed some repairs on both the front floorboards, both rear wheel wells, and the rear load space. All repairs were completed using an acid etch, POR 15, new sheet metal if needed, high strength epoxy and rivets, caulk like seam filler to seal the repaired area, and new rubberized undercoating. All products were purchased from a professional body shop and used according to their recommendations.*

http://discoweb.org/forums/showthrea...e+disco+300tdi

http://discoweb.org/forums/showthrea...ht=radius+arms

If sold for at or near my asking price, I can include a ton of extras...

Please pm with questions

Last edited:

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
Alternatively, I think the photos are actually quite good and very honest. I hope a truck done this well gets a good price.

Mtanzania

Nov 30, 2010
KC, MO
I should buy it. Not a day goes by I don't regret selling the engine. Although it did help finance a nice kitchen remodel.

For $9100 I'll throw the roof rack in too. The kit for the engine swap cost $4500 before shipping. I then did a good deal to it before install to include new clutch kit, water pump, timing belt kit, seals, gasket, etc...

If anyone wants a diesel disco properly converted with a ton of extras I really don't think a better deal will come along.
I just drove it several hundred miles pulling a trailer and atv along with all my hunting gear. She performed perfectly and even started at 0° F after sitting in the cold for two days.