Follow up to rusty window frame question.

C

Creemore

I showed the rusty window frames on my '00 DII to the dealer, and their warranty person said that "Land Rover's rust warranty doesn't apply to anything painted black." I am not kidding. So, for the moment, I'm on my own. Also, I had a chance to peel the squeegees back the other day when it was especially hot out and they were soft... the rust is worse underneath.

Anybody have better luck with their dealer? Advice and perspective welcome.

Bruce.

jsonova99

Apr 14, 2005
Snow Hill, MD
Creemore said:
I showed the rusty window frames on my '00 DII to the dealer, and their warranty person said that "Land Rover's rust warranty doesn't apply to anything painted black." I am not kidding. So, for the moment, I'm on my own. Also, I had a chance to peel the squeegees back the other day when it was especially hot out and they were soft... the rust is worse underneath.

Anybody have better luck with their dealer? Advice and perspective welcome.

Bruce.

I was just getting ready to post about this same thing. I was told on Friday that if it isn't a hole then the warranty doesn't cover it. Any rust has to be full perforation through the metal to be covered. So they said no to my window frames and the light surface rust I found starting on my firewall. Once winter comes around and our humidity drops I'm just going to try to tackle all of it myself. Unreal. I know that corrosion warranty was going to be BS on a Land Rover. Has anybody ever gotten an actual description of the warranty from Land Rover? That would be very interesting to read.

S

syoung

"and their warranty person said that "Land Rover's rust warranty doesn't apply to anything painted black."

Sucks if you have a black Disco. You'd think they would have learned by now how to make window frames that didn't suck. They've sucked for decades.

C

Creemore

syoung said:
You'd think they would have learned by now how to make window frames that didn't suck. They've sucked for decades.

You mean it's, like, an authentic Land Rover thing? Somehow, I feel better. The way I've learned to love the spots in the driveway... ;)

byurko

Aug 30, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I had mine fixed on my 99 d2 last year... They tried to tell me the same thing. I took close-up pictures of the rust and emailed them to the service manager. She sent them to her regional manager for approval. I even had the rear door hinges (that are notorious for rust!) replaced. I think it ended up costing LR about $1500!!

Just apply a little pressure... you'll get it done!!

Bryan