For those who have inquired about high lift mounts

peter

Jun 18, 2004
90 dollars seems a little steep for those mounting brackets. i would expect around 45 dollars not 90. come on guys.

K

Kyle

Is that so Peter ? Then I tell ya what. You shop around and find a set better then mine that is cheaper and I will give you a set for free... Free is CHEAP right ?

Kyle

jhmover

Apr 23, 2004
California
They are cool though. But I put mine on the ARB in front. I put two long bolts thru the upper light tabs, then put the jack on there. Less weight on top and easier to get to if I need it.

If I lived where I did lots of mud driving thought I'd put it on the rack out of the way.

JH

J

JMyerz

Hey Kyle,

How about one of your super sexy bumpers? It is the only design I like and want one for my rover.

Thanks

Justin

peter

Jun 18, 2004
what about a rear bumper. i haven't seen anyone make a nice heavy duty rear bumper that protects the quarter panels and has intergrated signal ligths in the back.

C

Cooper

peter said:
also i want to know where you can buy just those clamping rings. ;)

Im afraid that you will find " those clamping rings" to pricey. Also the welder, bandsaw, steel cutting time, the time it takes to learn to weld, and the coating will set you back some... but yeah, go ahead and bitch about he price....

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Hey Kyle, just curious what type of winch that is on the front of the Range Rover on the Disco Web home page.

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Since I don't have a roof rack yet (actually not sure I want one since my Discovery only just makes the parking garage clearance at work) I made my own highlift mount that goes on my spare wheel mount. It's lockable since I value my jack and I've already had one stolen, before I made my mount :(
It also serves to lock on my spare without having to buy those outrageously expensive locking wheel studs.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Huh. I guess since most are pretty hidden I didn't realize that thos had such a coll paint job. Looks nice.

Brian

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
nosivad_bor said:
http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1330

and there is a rover solution for you too, Mr Christ hater.

I'm not looking for a roof rack, if I decide to install one, I'll make it myself.

And just an FYI, my ID is from my Air Portable, which my coworkers christened The Antichrist when VT randomly issued me "6A666" tags. It has nothing to do with religion or opinions of any particular one. ;)

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
May not have a religious meaning to you, but anyone else thats sees your usename has not a clue about your air portable plate number.

Most people think it means Satan, his lead man, opposition to christ... look it up.

Frankly, I figured it was a joke, since most Satan worshipers do not advertise the fact, but it definitely sends a message like it or not.

And, BTW I am not particularly Christian, but I know there are some here.

Brian

nosivad_bor

Mar 27, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
i'm not religious either i'm just trying to start trouble!

tom,

the back pack rack, some mounts and you will have that jack off the back door and finally the confidence to walk up and actually talk to women, all this and better stamina for a mere $750 :)

Rob

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Me too. I would rather offend someone with my comments or blantant stupidity than with my username.

On the EE site it says that those mounts are for safety devices racks. I would assume that would work with the packpack rack too or that Kyle has the magic ones that do.

Brian