Merry Christmas!

Rover Puppy

Jun 10, 2004
Tallahassee, Florida
I'd like to send out my prayers to anyone who is struggling with the Christmas holidays.

Last Christmas was one of the worst ever after losing 2 immediate family members to long term illnesses. In addition, my beloved partner of 9+ years, Daisy, my eldest Shetland Sheepdog, was going through chemotherapy (she lost her battle with cancer this past February). The holidays were pure torture for me.

Quite a change for someone who used to be "Ms. Christmas" decorating every room of the house, bought the largest fresh Christmas tree I could find, and decorated it lovingly with generations of family ornaments.

I haven't put up a Christmas tree in 3 years, but please don't feel the least bit sorry for me. I have actually gotten to where I have thoroughly enjoyed this Christmas season not messing with all of the extra stuff and days spent decorating, preparing, cooking etc. It's given me a new freedom to enjoy the holidays unencumbered.

My point of all of this is to reach out to those that are having a tough time... somehow when we are hurting we seem to think that we're the only ones out there in pain and everyone else is having the perfect holiday. Perfect holidays are in movies, not a consistent occurance in real life.

So if you're fortunate enough to be having a wonderful Christmas season, enjoy every last morsel of it. If you're not having a good Christmas, hang in there, and know you are not alone, and things will get better.

God Bless :) Jamie, Blue, and Angel (our precious new puppy that I just somehow know that Daisy helped bring into our lives)

Ho

Staff member
Jamie, you didn't name Blue after blue gill from here... did you? :)

Merry Christmas to you all. and please remember, it's CHRISTMAS! and not something else.

and CHEERS! literally. cuz i got a glass here being held up high.

Rover Puppy

Jun 10, 2004
Tallahassee, Florida
Ho said:
Jamie, you didn't name Blue after blue gill from here... did you?

Blue is a Blue Merle Shetland Sheepdog. His full registered name is Baby Blue Cinnamon Toast Face. :)

Attachments

• DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
B

barefoot

twas the night before x-mas....and i just got downstaffed! i guess all that eggnog wont go to waste after all :D

ho ho ho everyone :p

DannyDisco

Aug 9, 2005
For those of you who are Christian I hope we all have a merry christmas, one that reminds us all why we have this holiday and why we should be thankful. For the Hebrews I hope you enjoy the first night and remember why the festival of light is something to be celebrated with joy every year. And for the Kwanza peoples, ummmmm, errrrrr. Oh, and happy FESTIVUS!!!

http://www.festivuspoles.com/pages/Festivuspoles.htm :D

D

dsstephens

KEJ said:
Poor Tattoo...still dead!

KJ

I physically convulsed with laughter. Funniest line I've heard in a while.

Merry Christmas.