'04 CDL kits

stansell

Jun 14, 2004
Norfolk, VA
Has anybody heard anything yet? My '99 DII has a D1 shifter in it, but is causing the cabin noise to go up quite a bit. I went and talked to the dealer to find out how much the parts would cost for the '04 setup and it looks to be ~$700 which is almost doable. Koby is awfully tightlipped about how he ended up with his '04 setup. Anyway, has anyone heard of one of the aftermarket crowd creating a kit?

B

bell03disco2

I just got my Tcase with the nut, so I too am interested in this post being resolved. Bump! :D

B

bell03disco2

.web_diff_lock.jpg

This is available at http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/ for 150 pounds, but I do not know if it comes with everything required to make the tcase lock. It would be easier if the parts were available in the US. Bump because I am also interested. :D

D

ducati

Mike did you buy your "nipple" case privately or did you get it from LR?

Just wondering, as I've just had my tcase replaced and I got another nipple-less version :mad:

MTNHDWR

Apr 20, 2004
Charlotte NC
bell03disco2 said:
.web_diff_lock.jpg

This is available at http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/ for 150 pounds, but I do not know if it comes with everything required to make the tcase lock. It would be easier if the parts were available in the US. Bump because I am also interested. :D

The kit is actually 180 pounds (346.00) dollars. The kit to add the diff lock nut and gearing inside is an additional 150 pounds. I can't tell if this is a custom linkage or factory direct. Does anybody else have more info?

jmoore

Oct 7, 2004
Clifton Park, New York
You might be able to subtrack 17.5% if that includes VAT. I sure do hate the wallowing dollar these days, when buying parts from the UK!

Edit: Bummer, they didn't include VAT. I wonder how much a salvage yard would charge for a D1 linkage.

Last edited:

F18Guy

Mar 30, 2004
Down by the big rock
Ryan,

The early Disco II's were not supplied with a centre diff lock function for the LT 230 transfer case but this has recently become an option when ordering a new vehicle.

The first Disco II's had the diff lock capability on the transfer case but this was then phased out on the later ones.

We are able to supply both the factory linkage assembly and the parts to convert the transfer case if required.

The linkage is easy to fit, cable operated and very neat.

If you have the diff lock stud on your unit you will only require the linkage parts, to determine this you will need to find the transfer case serial number and check it starts with either 41D or 42D.

If it starts 61D, 62D or 69D then you will need the diff lock parts to go in the transfer case which are an additional ? 150.

F18Guy

Mar 30, 2004
Down by the big rock
Yeah, I was thinking around $700 to get it to my door. Remember though, right now the US dollar is sucking big time in relation to the pound. :(

D

ducati

That is not bad at all.

Whatever happened to GBR's proposed "nipple conversion/CDL kit?" I emailed Bill a year or so about it and I think he said about $800. I assume he never brought that kit out?

B

bell03disco2

ducati said:
Mike did you buy your "nipple" case privately or did you get it from LR?

Just wondering, as I've just had my tcase replaced and I got another nipple-less version :mad:

I bought it off the for sale forum. I am tossing around the idea of getting an 04, so it might be for sale again in the coming weeks. I just need to decide how much not getting dirty to have CDL is worth to me.

S

Snwbord24

Can I still be next in line then Mike. You should have just let me buy it in the first place :D