Pioneer AVIC-N1 in a DII

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
I'm thinking about putting a pioneer avic-n1 in my rover.. its basically a indash lcd with built in dvd player that does gps... it also has a vehicle dynamics screen where you can see your slope, Angular Velocity, Acceleration, etc..

Luckily, I have a friend who works for pioneer who can probably score me one for almost half price.. but my questions are, first.. is anyone running this system? And 2nd, does having a in-dash lcd have any adverse affects when offroading?

Firemanddc

Sep 20, 2004
Long Beach
got it!

Hey Ryan.....just put this system in my 2004 Disco for all the reasons you're thinking(dvd/cd/gps-all in one) and I love it......I coupled it up with Pioneers 12-disc changer....shoulda gone with their 6 disc DVD, still using stock speakers....... and the verdict........??? I actually dig the system sound and voice/touchscreen/remote features of the N1, however,,,,,I don't care how many POI they say is in this thing......It never seems to have the things I am looking for?????Like some residences...etc. It also uses GPS to do its tracking but does not allow you to input coordinates and such....(I still ended up buying a separate Garmin unit) But overall it's great, especially if you enjoy live DVD style concerts on the road....i.e. DMB, U2, Sting, Blues Traveler, Metallica......should I continue??? Bottom line....if the price is right....(I picked mine up on Ebay for about $1300)....you know the rest!

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
Doug -

Awesome! Can you grab me a couple pictures of it?

that sucks you can't put coordinates in, but I guess you'd have to work around..

How is the map? Is it a topographical map at all? I want something that I can use while offroading to see whats around.

Also, did you install it yourself, or get someone to.. if so, how much did it cost?

I can pick it up for about 1100 after taxes & shipping, new from pioneer directly.. so the price is definitely right.

L

LI-Disco2004

I'm looking at this unit right now. Ryan did you get the update from PE ?

Did it add any features ? Do you know who's maps it uses (NAVTECH) ??

Thanks
Lou

C

campbell

I was looking at this last night on EBay. Looks pretty sweet. I think it said it had something like 12 million POIs!

MarkP

Apr 23, 2004
Colorado