light mounting/brush bar/bumper trim dilemma

disco_fever

May 11, 2004
Morristown/Richmond/Sydney
I really want to trim the bumper on my disco, but there is a problem. I have 4000s mounted on an a-bar, the a-bar comes up and under the air dam, so there would be a huge gap while defeating the purpose of trimming. I wouldn't hesitate to remove the a-bar, but how would i mount my fogs?

I was thinking of having the a-bar taken to a metal shop, have a section cut out, and rewelded to the mounting brackets. I question the cost effectiveness, outcome of the job and the finish. A winch bumper would be awesome, but it isn't going to happen; i'm a poor student. what are my options?

this is a picture of the a-bar, just for reference:
http://www.atlanticbritish.com/Prod...=D1&PerPage=1&ListType=DETAIL&PartNumber=9398

D

discoverover

You could mount the hella's directly to your bumper by drilling a few holes. The bumper doesn't leave much room in front of the grill, so if they don't fit on top, you could mount them on the front surface of the bumper. Dave

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
If you look at this bumper cut from the tech section of discoweb, he did it with the brush guard still attached. While your complete front bottom approach angle might not improve much, you will have a better approach on the left and right.