• H2

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LostInBoston

Banned
Apr 19, 2004
Wandering aimlessly
Which is worse? The LR3 or the H2? Personally ive never drivein either, but ive seen the H2 enough on the road and at the shows to know that i hate it with a passion. Im pretty sure i'll hate the LR3 also.

LiveAtTheEdge

Apr 19, 2004
Lafayette, NorCal
wait untill you've drivin the lr3. Based on how the DII ACE drives i expect it to be very civilized, car like. The H2 drives like a top heavy suburban. LRO's May issue cover story is the LR3, i can't wait to see what they have to say on it.

Cheers

Jack

O

Off Road Disco

Don't most families have a relative they don't like to invite to holiday dinners? ;)

I don't know, I would pass on both and either buy a nicely used G500 if I needed that much wheel base and comfort. At least the G500 is tested and built like a Disco3 should be. But then that same money could build a really nice D1 or D2. :D

Okay... the question wasn't what would I buy.... so... I guess I don't like the H2 more... wait.... no.... make my vote the D3.... no H2... :eek:

Last edited:

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
The LR3 only bugs me because I suspect it will be a step down from the Disco in true off road ability. I think it would be a fine car without the green oval on the hood. the H2, on the other hand, is just a 55grand band aid fix for the "Little Winkie Syndrome"

H2 off road...FLOP

Attachments

• whoops1.jpg
    whoops1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 605
  • whoops2.jpg
    whoops2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 552

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Any fool can roll any vehicle. Personally I think the H2 is an OK offroad vehicle. There are weak links no doubt, but the Disco has these too. To each his/her own. I've seen the H2 do some pretty good stuff out here in the hills.

Would I own and L3 *or* and H2? Never.

curtis

Apr 20, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
That flipped H2 just looks wrong. I wonder what made it roll. Doesn't seem to be anything around to cause it. Excess speed mixed with stupidity?

On topic: I would get an older Disco 1 and do a bunch of work to it.

Oh yeah - that is what I am doing :D

N

nickangus

My family owns a hummer H1 and it went into the shop about six times in the first 4-5 months, but after that it has been fine. The H2 is a car that you see too many on the road but who knows that may be the same thing with the LR3. I think the H2 sold so well do to the name. My vote is not cast yet at least until the LR3 hits the market and what kind of reaction it gets

Anyone know what it is going to be priced at?

nick

C

campbell

The last I saw (about 1 month ago) it was priced at $50K-$80K. I think (hope) that was a little inflated, or a typo.

LostInBoston

Banned
Apr 19, 2004
Wandering aimlessly
"the H2, on the other hand, is just a 55grand band aid fix for the "Little Winkie Syndrome"

haha, so true, so true.

Nick,
do you ever take that H1 off road or just tow the ferrari? both are very nice vehicles.

O

Off Road Disco

:rolleyes:

So we'll have to wait and see if the LR3 is as much of a man wagon on the trail as the H2.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
That is what happens when you give it a bit too much gas. That video has been around for around a year at least. The topic has come up a number of times (i.e. H2 vs D1 opr D2), fact is those Disco owners that have spent any time with the H2 end up fairly impressed.

The tie rod ends are a weak link on the H2, so with stockers, you have to be a bit carefull. Especially if you go in and out of traction as that example shows (spinning wildly then gaining traction). I would be surprised if the LR3 is any more heavy duty or more capable than the H2, but we shall see.

bigred

Apr 20, 2004
East Coast
www.hillbillytrailcrew.com
I know that the disco owners who came into contact with the H2 at last falls MAR were less than impressed! There are pictures on roav.org of it being yanked out of a hole by a rover.

Attachments

• 116_1624.jpg
    116_1624.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,179
Last edited:

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
If the question is H2 or LR3, I say Jetta TDI Wagon. No reason to pretend I've got a big tuff truck then, and I'm getting a billion miles to the gallon to boot!

Now, if the question is H2 or Disco/DII/RR-Classic? Well the answer there is simple, I take the big tuff truck, either of the three!

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Stock vehicle vs stock vehicle, the trail, driver and tires make more of a difference then the actual vehicle. But what they hell, we all have opinions eh?

Last edited:

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
that makes no sense. Where is the comparison?

-Stock vehicle implys stock tires, so 'Tires' as a stand alone variable is out.
-'Trail' can't be an option, because you should be comparing the vehicles on the same trail.

SO if what you're argueing is that the driver's skill, on the same trail in two different stock vehicles, is more important to success than the truck, then I have to disagree. There are wide variations in what a manufacturer considers trail ready, even in the same market segment. A short bed Tacoma with 31s is nearly unstoppable as a stock vehicle, while a Ranger 4x4 has no 31 tire option, and a Frontier can't be had as a short wheelbase! Which one would you rather stake your driver skill on?

Tahoe vs DiscoII? Obvious isn't it.

J

Jparker

I agree with Utah. Driver does make a huge difference, but it would be really tough trying to cram the huge H2 wheelbase down a trail. Also, I'd like a vehicle that I could take off road more than once without everything breaking on it.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Actually I more comparing the LR3 or a Land Rover product vs the H2 not attempting to make a comparison of any two products. I would consider the H2 in the same "class" and price range of LR3 (and other LR products) so I though a generalization/comparison could be made.

I get your point that for any person that has a fairly high skill level, that a vehicle might have limitations that others do not. Then again I have seen skilled drivers take Grand Cherokees and Rodeo's over more than I do. Getting over a trail safely is a combination of skill and vehicle capability I think the skill is the most important variable in the equation, thats all.

Cheerio!

Brian