I just did this last week before I moved so I can give ya a hand on this one. It's total cake.
Remove belt and fan of course.
Remove cam pulley (gives ya alot more clearance if ya do)
Remove big ass bolt on front of crank pulley (I was able to wedge a plumbers wrench between the frame and the pulley to keep it from spinning while I yanked like a bitch on that bolt until it loosened, it's not easy cause it's torqued at like 200#)
To get the pulley off, I used a small pry bar and just budged it a little bit at a time until it finally slipped off. I was afraid I was going to break something but don't be scared to give it a bit of muscle.
The rest is clear to get the front cover off. Be sure to put in a new crank seal while you are at it.
Tip: I lined up my pulley with the woodruff key and made alignment marks just to be on the safe side before I put the seal in and put it all back together. If you do this before the seal is in it's easier to feel and see proper alignment between these two critters. When I rebuilt the engine before, I must have just barely had the pulley alignment off when I reinstalled it. And torqueing like the devil allowed it to slide on without being aligned with the woodruff key and the groove in the pulley. So after a few weeks of driving, the pulley finally slipped, caught the key and cracked my pulley. Hence, my recent need for a new pulley and seal.
Shout if ya have any other questions, but I'm sure you won't have any problems.