Kentucky trail ride - Red River Gorge - Part II

Cadaver

May 22, 2004
Alabama, Kentucky
How about another trip 2/26 and camp that night. If you are interested, post here. Stu, we need your navigational expertise, so whatever plans you have on the 26th... change em.

Disco_Stu

Jun 11, 2004
Louisville KY
Sweet another trip.....I just got done cleaning the inside of my truck out with a sponge, so it is time to get dirty again!!

I am not 100% sure that I will be able to make it just yet. But if there is any way than I will. BTW - I am trying to figure out how to turn my GPS routes into a picture file to give to you, but I haven't had any luck yet.

I already have some ideas of some new trails to try out, but as far as camping goes, the spot where you all found the caves, (the small one) where I turned off is an excellent area to camp with quite a few vehicles. There is a big flat camping area up there, as long as there aren't any sleepwalkers in the group, since it is one big ledge!

-Stuart

Cadaver

May 22, 2004
Alabama, Kentucky
My friend in the XJ that could make it last time said he will definitely be going. He started tearing up when I showed him the pics of last weekend.

This time Im bringing a video camera.

Hey Jason, we're gonna need you to break up the ice again so go ahead and pencil this trip in.

Last edited:
E

EricSiepmann

I would be interested. GOt any links for info to sway me one way or another? Long ass drive from Chi-town.

EwS

EDIT: Got the link from the first thread. I am a moron.

EwS

Cadaver

May 22, 2004
Alabama, Kentucky
Im still on for the 26th. A friend in an XJ is also going. And another friend in WV in another disco may make it. Now all we need is someone more familiar with the area than myself. Hopefully Stu can make it. You out there Stu?

How does meeting up there around 10-11a. I will probably be camping and anyone wanting to do the same is welcome to join us. I thought it would be fun to camp in one of the caves.

My email is johnbleazard@yahoo.com if you need more info.

Cadaver

May 22, 2004
Alabama, Kentucky
I think Stu is going, so we should have a navigator.

Eric, you should go. We had a blast last time. This time I expect more trucks, and we are more familiar with the area and some of the trails. The ones to definitely do again, the ones to definitely avoid, and the ones to give another shot.

Last edited:

Gumarcel

Apr 21, 2004
DC
LandRoverHyter said:
Hey Chris...Are you in school?

Yea, I am in school at Xavier. And no, I can't say that I know any of those 2 people. However, I have a good feeling that they may recognize me, since a lot of people on campus seem to know the car because, it stands out.

I am trying to go, I have to see if I can move an appointment around to make it. I would not be camping out, I would be coming on Saturday I believe.

Gumarcel

Apr 21, 2004
DC
LandRoverHyter said:
Sounds good to me...Looks like we will have a good turn out...Chris: I will ask my friends if they know ya...whats your last name?

It is Chris Marcel, I don't think they know me, but you never know.

Gumarcel

Apr 21, 2004
DC
Well it looks like I got my things moved around and I should be able to go, as long as nothing goes wrong with the rover (Knock on wood) like the last time I was supposed to go and the fuel pump died the day before...

chizychiz

Jun 8, 2004
Louisville, KY
Alright John, your starting to get me pumped up again. I think I may have to show up again. But, I won't be pushing anymore ice. The bumper is gone now, so I have plenty of clearance (as long as I'm not dragging diffs again). I had a blast last time. Maybe the wether will cooperate a little better this time then last. The rain and ice were no fun at all. Anyways, I have been talking to Stu and he has been playing with that navigation software that he has. So he's ready for the trip. I think camping out on the point is a pretty good idea. The one that Stu found last time. Oh yeah John, by the way I'm still trying to get hold of Stuarts pics so that we can send them too you. I guess at this point we might as well hold on to them until the trip.

*J*

Cadaver

May 22, 2004
Alabama, Kentucky
Hope you make it Jason. We can wait till then to swap pics of the last trip. I thought about buying some diff guards before the trip, but kinda broke at the moment, so we'll have to take it easy on the diff draggin trails.

Hopefully there wont be any ice to push around. We're due for some nice weather.