Zombie Motors - anyone know them?

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
I've seen some trucks on CL lately that have been built up or restored by a small outfit in Portland (OR) called Zombie Motors. Anyone know the guy who runs it? Seen the work in person? They recently listed a 1995 RRC LWB conversion with 300Tdi and R380 for $13,500. Curious to know if anyone here has had any dealings or experience with the company, the owner, the finished product, etc.

KyleT

Mar 28, 2007
Fort Worth, TEXAS
[flameon:]probably another opportunist taking advantage of the people paying stupid money for anything defender...

Are they the ones with the 1987 "Puma" listed for something like $220k?[/flameoff]

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
I've seen some trucks on CL lately that have been built up or restored by a small outfit in Portland (OR) called Zombie Motors. Anyone know the guy who runs it? Seen the work in person? They recently listed a 1995 RRC LWB conversion with 300Tdi and R380 for $13,500. Curious to know if anyone here has had any dealings or experience with the company, the owner, the finished product, etc.

Maybe its a different truck, but I didn't think that had a 300tdi, I thought it had some Rover (not Land Rover) diesel.

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
Old timer- have read/heard many stories of scamming and people being screwed by "Uncle Zak Mosier". Whatever, he posts cool trucks and always has Tdis and various parts for sale.

KyleT

Mar 28, 2007
Fort Worth, TEXAS
Maybe its a different truck, but I didn't think that had a 300tdi, I thought it had some Rover (not Land Rover) diesel.

No you are right it's a vm motori 2.5 td. I don't believe it is direct injected. I do know it is slow as a turd though.

And looks like uncle zak screwed over the Porsche crowd, then the land cruiser guys and has moved onto rovers.... Just googled...

Last edited:

rmarti

Mar 11, 2005
Seal Beach, CA (for now)
There are a few independent Rover mech shops in the area that may have a clue or know about Zombie Motors. A quick Google search easily pulls them up. I can think of three di-hard Rover shops in a 6 mile radius in Portland. It's a small group, so they know their competitors.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
This is all very interesting. Information travels fast. I guess I won't be looking at any more of those ads. Too bad, the price certainly looked attractive.

pdxrovermech

Jul 3, 2009
Portland, OR
we've dealt with him a few times. definitely an opportunist trying to get into the market. I've personally never met him, but i cant say we've had any troubles with him.

There are a few independent Rover mech shops in the area that may have a clue or know about Zombie Motors. A quick Google search easily pulls them up. I can think of three di-hard Rover shops in a 6 mile radius in Portland. It's a small group, so they know their competitors.

Only three?

More indie shops there than I could ever have imagined. A few good ones (like Ships and Green Oval) and a coupla bad hacks.

riceybean

Jun 29, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Might give GreenDog Rovers a call, see if they know the guy. Couldn't hurt.

<big>1802 SE 7th
Portland, OR 97214
503-839-5269 </big>

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
No lie, he barely skirted jail...

He is spamming it up over on d90 and has a entourage of nut swingers already....

Seems to me D-90 is a great place to collect nut swingers. Anything Defender and they're ready to deep throat it.