Pep Boys Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Author Message

Leslie N. Bright (Leslie)
Senior Member
Username: Leslie

Post Number: 1897
Registered: 02-2002
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

There's not a Pep Boys in town, but, over this, I'd not buy there if there was....

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/business/3_15_03reservist.html

FWIW...

-L

Jim H. (Victor_mature)
New Member
Username: Victor_mature

Post Number: 18
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I'm in Arizona and I used to buy parts from Pep Boys every now and then.

USED to.

Thanks for the article.

Max Thomason (Lrmax)
Member
Username: Lrmax

Post Number: 119
Registered: 11-2002
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Pep Boys or Advanced Auto wouldn't give me the time of day unless I was buying a set of tires.

NAPA gets all of my business for anything except for the real specific stuff.

Max T.

Will Roeder (Will_roeder)
Senior Member
Username: Will_roeder

Post Number: 571
Registered: 02-2002
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Yea, Pep boys has gotten much of my busness, I always go to NAPA. NAPA has workers who actually WORK and are willing to help you out. Plus, the NAPA i go to is the warehouse for the Atlanta GA area, so they always have what i want in stock :-)

Carter Simcoe (Carter)
Senior Member
Username: Carter

Post Number: 2104
Registered: 04-2002
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

ditto that, NAPA rocks

thom mathie (Muskyman)
Senior Member
Username: Muskyman

Post Number: 205
Registered: 11-2002
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

yep...i'm done with pep boys now

they dont deserve any support if thats there attitude....who keeps the people that buy there products free to do so?

ignorant fucking people...i hope they get nailed to the wall and strung out till they bleed money!

todd slater (Toddslater)
Member
Username: Toddslater

Post Number: 248
Registered: 08-2002
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I use Pep Boys quite a bit here in PA...my closest NAPA store is unfortunately a disappointment...certainly not like the ones I cut my teeth (ok knuckles) on in Ohio. Those NAPA guys were good. My local one I am still waiting on a slave cly. rebuild kit for my FJ40....was supposed to be in before xmas....many phone calls and a visit...after @ 3 weeks, I ended up at rockauto.com, cheaper and arrived in a couple days. I guess I'll loose the convenience of Pep Boys for the oil, simple green etc....after reading this I won't even buy that stuff there now. Thanks for the info.

TPH (Snowman)
Senior Member
Username: Snowman

Post Number: 321
Registered: 12-2002
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

What's with these companys? That is an absolute outrage. I have had co-workers that were in the guards. When they go away you pick up the slack, it's that simple. It not always easy but you plan around it. It's called being flexible.

They also forget that the training and discipline their employees receive in the Armed Services transfers over to their job skills to run their businesses. I would like to see how things work out with the lawsuit. We don't have a Pep Boys but they are off my list if this is a companywide practice and they come this way. Arrrrgh!!

S-

Jason Gustavson (Prescottj)
Senior Member
Username: Prescottj

Post Number: 479
Registered: 12-2002
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

No more Pep Boys for me also, those motherfuckers destroyed a perfectly good guys family.

My father's buisness almost does the exact opposite for the guard/ reservesit men and women. My father the patriotic man that he is pays out the difference so there families don't suffer. i.e. Guy normally makes 5k a month but gets activated and now makes 2k a month. The buisness will shell out the 3k a month so there family can still pay the bills. He also invites there families over about once a month for a dinner and they make care packages for thier spouses/family that is gone, and he ships them out the following morning.

Anyway the last thing you should have to worry about is whether your gonna be unemployed or not when you come back from getting deployed

Blue (Bluegill)
Senior Member
Username: Bluegill

Post Number: 2107
Registered: 02-2002
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

"What's with these companys? That is an absolute outrage. I have had co-workers that were in the guards. When they go away you pick up the slack, it's that simple."

Exactamundo. I worked in a steel plant with my cousin, and he got called up for Desert Storm. The rest of us worked a little harder to cover his lost production, and the foreman agreed to keep him on the full-time payroll while he was away.

I'm going to stop by Pep Boys on my way home and piss on their glass storefront.

joe (Joe)
Member
Username: Joe

Post Number: 54
Registered: 12-2002
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I wouldn't buy water from pep boys if I was in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick Walker (Wyo183121)
New Member
Username: Wyo183121

Post Number: 25
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Here is the response I recieved from Pep Boys:
From: Heather_Ward@PepBoys.com | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:03:37 -0500

Thank you for your inquiry regarding recent press reports concerning a
former Pep Boys employee who filed a lawsuit against Pep Boys alleging
termination due to military obligations. We are confident that no
inappropriate actions have been taken toward this or any Pep Boys
associate
due to his or her military obligations.

At the present time, more than 30 Pep Boys associates have been called
active duty and are now serving. We would never terminate an employee
for
military service in support of our nation and are very proud, not only
of
our associates currently serving in the military, but also of every
U.S.
service man and woman who has ever served.

Our policy grants leaves of absence to our associates for military duty
and
we are in full compliance with, and in some areas exceed, state and
federal
laws. The policy is consistent with the guidelines of the Employer
Support
of the Guard and Reserve, a volunteer organization serving reserve and
guard members.

While it is not our practice to comment on ongoing litigation and
personnel
matters, this particular employee's termination, on June 27, 2002, was
unrelated to his military reserve status and solely related to other
factors dating back to the summer of 2001

Our prayers and thoughts are with our troops and their families in this
tenuous time and we offer them our support and gratitude.

Thank you for your interest in Pep Boys.

Jason Gustavson (Prescottj)
Senior Member
Username: Prescottj

Post Number: 495
Registered: 12-2002
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Who the hell is heather ward???? is she just some secretary that has an email saved to send out to people inquiring about it?

Dick Walker (Wyo183121)
New Member
Username: Wyo183121

Post Number: 26
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Heather Ward
Assistant Manager of Public Relations, Pep Boys
3111 West Allegheny Avenue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19132
E-mail: mediarelations@pepboys.com

Kennith P. Whichard III (Kennith)
Senior Member
Username: Kennith

Post Number: 252
Registered: 05-2002
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

So he got fired for something that happende a year ago? Screw them, I'd rather go to the dealer.

Cheers,

Kennith

Don Collins (Donc)
Member
Username: Donc

Post Number: 88
Registered: 04-2002
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

http://www.pepboys.com/about/media/company_pr/pr_032003.html

Showed up on the Pepboys website.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration