More bad news from David Cavazos, onl... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

DiscoWeb Bulletin Board » Message Archives » 2003 Archives - General » Archive through November 17, 2003 » More bad news from David Cavazos, onlinerover.com « Previous Next »

Author Message

Andrew Lenz (Alenz)
New Member
Username: Alenz

Post Number: 3
Registered: 09-2003
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

This is the latest from David Cavazos in my attemts to get my money back. I orderd parts and sent him a check. He cashed the check and never sent the part.

Just a reminder to NOT buy from this guy! (onlinerover.com)

Andrew

==== begin ====
Pursuant to your boorish accusations of thievery, our recorder
indicated your parts along with a returned money order were shipped
in good faith October 10th 2003 to the address indicated.

It is now your responsibility to contact your local rural carrier to
confirm any and all delivery attempts. Please be advised; should
your partial return to us again posted “undeliverable”, additional
shipping and handling charged may apply if a third delivery attempt
is made.

Do to your offensive and accusative posture, our Attorney has
advised us to discontinue any and all communiqué.

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:45:27 -0800, "Andrew Lenz"
<alenz> wrote :

> Please respond!
> Why be a thief about it?
>
> Andrew Lenz

Rob Davison (Nosivad_bor)
Dweb Lounge Member
Username: Nosivad_bor

Post Number: 1163
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

this guy is a fuck. he tried some bait and switch on used range rover parts with me.

how much are you out for?

rob

Andrew Lenz (Alenz)
New Member
Username: Alenz

Post Number: 4
Registered: 09-2003
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I'm out $115 for the part and a lot of time trying to contact him. I have asked for copies of the shipping and money order receipts.

BBB complaint was filed but no response from him yet. After this my next step is a police report. I don't expect much. If others go to check him out hopefully they will find this info and not do business with him.

I wonder if his lawyer told him to write "partial" instead of parcel. I think he is living with partial brain syndrome.

Blue (Blue)
Dweb Lounge Member
Username: Blue

Post Number: 753
Registered: 04-2003
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

LOL...

"partial" instead of "parcel",
handling "charged" instead of "charges",
"Do" to instead of "Due" to,
poor punctuation, and
everybody knows that boorish signifies behavior that is rude and unrefined...there is nothing boorish about your statement/question "Please respond! Why be a thief about it?"

but attorney is capitalized and he got the accent on "communiqué". He must be very worldly, professional, and intelligent. I wouldn't mess with this international man of mystery.

On the other hand, in the spirit of diplomacy, have you ever had problems with your shipping address? Have other "partials" been undeliverable? Do you live on an offshore oil rig or something?

Andrew Lenz (Alenz)
New Member
Username: Alenz

Post Number: 5
Registered: 09-2003
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

hehehe, thanks for the laugh.

I have never had any problems with any other "partials". I live in Orange, CA. pretty much the heart of suburbia.

Curtis N (Curtis)
Dweb Lounge Member
Username: Curtis

Post Number: 860
Registered: 05-2002
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Gosh, I never figured Orange, CA to be serviced by a "local rural carrier" for "partials". I also find it humorous that a vendor would even waste his lawyers time over a $115 matter. That would be a 10 minute phone call at $150/hr (minimum)=(1/6)150=$25 that I can almost guarantee he did not spend on you.

Blow it off and move on. The damage you have done to him on this board is the most punitive thing you can do.

-Curtis

Sergei Rodionov (Uzbad)
Member
Username: Uzbad

Post Number: 170
Registered: 08-2003
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

well it can be one of them "plan attorneys".. Cost like 30$/month.. I remember seeing flyers about that kind of stuff back in Houston :-)

On serious note.
Andrew - if you dealt with that "Lone Wold LLC" and no person itself, then you might be in crappy situation, as LLC means you can sue company, but can not sue person behind company (from what i can rememeber)... On other hand - why wont you just ask someone from board who is from around Dallas to just come up there and ask for this guy? Without threatening, just ask for documentation and stuff on your shipment.

Its kind of long ways for 115, but then you always could file claim for moral damage and stuff :-)

Andrew Lenz (Alenz)
New Member
Username: Alenz

Post Number: 6
Registered: 09-2003
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I wrote the check made out to David Cavazos. He co-signed it and wrote in his TX drivers lic number. Someone named Julie Jones singed it also (Julie signed first then David). So I'm not sure if it is through his company or personal...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are laws against a person taken money from a company even if it is his own company. But, this is a different issue.

I have asked for receipts and have not heard back from him.

I would like the money back of course, but I'm not counting on it. I would be nice to give this guy a little grief. If you want to send him and email and say "pay up" send it to sales@onlinerover.com and on_line_rover@yahoo.com. Also, he started a yahoo group OnLineRoverChat.

If it is not resolved by Jan I will be able to go see him. My brother is moving to the Dallas area and I am going to help with the move. (small world...)

Thanks for the info/advice

Andrew

Lewis Jones (Cutter)
New Member
Username: Cutter

Post Number: 16
Registered: 10-2003
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I'll be back in Dallas in Jan., If you'd like a bit of company, i'm in. Over the last twenty years of wheelin i've lost too much money like this. Sometimes you get more attention with a large group.

Ron Brown (Ron)
Senior Member
Username: Ron

Post Number: 543
Registered: 04-2001
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Call the local police and FBI and file formal fraud charges. Then send a letter saying that you are suing him for $115 dollars AND attorney's fees.

Tell him that he should resend the money order certified mail with 24hours and give you a tracking number or he will be recieving a summons certified mail in 48 hours.

That or go break his legs and steal his truck.

Ron

Joey (Joey4420)
Senior Member
Username: Joey4420

Post Number: 360
Registered: 04-2003
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 04:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Use this link to help provide info to most Law Informcement officials. (one of my Call Center that I take care of)

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Andrew Maier (Newman)
Senior Member
Username: Newman

Post Number: 356
Registered: 04-2003
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Don't get criminal complaints and civil lawsuits confused here.

You can and probably should do both, but don't think one prohibits the other. Call the local police and don't bother with the FBI. The local police will probably go over to the guy's business, house, etc., and have a chat with him about things. If this doesn't help -- which it won't, because he's going to tell them he sent it to you last month -- then initiate civil process against him. Unfortunately you'll need to sue him in the county of the state he does business in.

This is where it gets to the question of what lengths you're willing to go in order to prove a point or correct future behavior. When you figure service and filing costs you're already over $115, and you haven't even discussed a lawyer yet. Granted, you may be able to get him to pay atty's fees in the end, but it doesn't help you pay a $1000 retainer on the front end.

Save time by researching addresses, filing requirements (there may be small claims forms online) , service requirements (important, although maybe there's a DiscoWebber who's a resident of that state who would serve the guy for you), before you talk with a lawyer in the area.

Above all that, good luck! And if you choose to go down this road don't give up. In for a dime, in for a dollar :-)

Andy

Andrew Lenz (Alenz)
New Member
Username: Alenz

Post Number: 7
Registered: 09-2003
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I think the FBI does not get involved unless the loss is 5k or more. I called the local police in Coppell, TX and the lady told me they cannot (or will not) take a report over the phone. She suggested I make a report with my local police dept. I have not done this yet. I don't really want to go this route. There are people asking David to correct this and I think it may be working.

As a thank you to the great community here any and all refund I get will be directly sent to DiscoWeb.

Yesterday I sent another request to David for a refund and I did get a response:
===== start ====