what a great Section!!!

MUSKYMAN

Apr 19, 2004
OverBarrington IL
being a huge fan of hunting and fishing I think this is a long needed section on Discoweb.

so what is your favorite quarry?

me?...has to be Musky! :D

Mike_Rupp

Mar 26, 2004
Mercer Island, WA
Pheasant and quail. They're close to home.

If I lived closer, I'd probably have to choose tarpon. There's nothing like seeing one of them jump out of the water. Bonefish are fun too; you fight this fish for 30 minutes & it takes out line 4 -5 times and when you finally get it to the boat you say "how can that fish be that small?" They're amazing little fish.

uberhahn

Apr 20, 2004
Rainbow Trout when I'm in Wyoming / Idaho. Uncle had a place minutes away from the Snake river.

Here in Michigan, Salmon. It's not as much fun though, but can be exciting when you hook a 40lb. fish that isn't cooperating.

Other vices in Michigan have to include deer and grouse (separately). Deer by bow, grouse by 12ga.

F18Guy

Mar 30, 2004
Down by the big rock
This and the camping section is a great addition to DWEB.

IMHO there is nothing better than hooking into a King Salmon out in the great pacific northwest. A true outdoorsman must at least once in his/her life make the pilgrimage to Alaska. I have fished in the Pacific and the Atlantic, and nothing beats what Alaska has to offer.

K

Kyle

They are catching 50+ pound rock fish about 500 yards from the house here so I gotta go with the home team... :) There is nothing like bird hunting with a couple of really good dogs ... Nothing compares to it...

F18Guy

Mar 30, 2004
Down by the big rock
Kyle,

I don't know why....but when I lived in your neck of the woods, I always skunked out in the bay. Went Rock fishing many many times and come back with nothing. :(

Joey

Apr 19, 2004
Liberty Township, Ohio
Groundhog or any small varmit at 400 plus yards.... Of course now that I live in WV, it is hard to find flat land that is longer than 50 yards (unless someone live on it or there is a road). But I still go up to Ohio and get some good shooting in.

MTB

Apr 20, 2004
PA
Nothing like hearing an Eastern Tom gobble in the morning (one more week and PA's Turkey season starts)
Love to hunt deer and ruffed grouse.

Steve Rupp

Apr 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
www.discoweb.org
Gotta say Pheasant. Actually I just really like to go watch my dog hunt. I would like to try some varmint hunting though. I hear they vaporize into a cloud of red dust. Flordia keys backcountry fishing is also one of my favorites. It's always fun to see a lemon shark and a sting ray meet face to face then scury away in opposite directions.

Last edited:

Jasrover

Apr 21, 2004
I agree with Musky. Salmon fishing on the Great lakes is fun, but nothing beats musky fishing in northern Wisconsin.

GregH

Apr 24, 2004
I agree with the pheasant huniting and fly fishing votes above.

However, to mix in offroading to the fun I gotta go with a trip down Baja. There are many great places to stay and go fishing for Dorado, Marlin etc. At night, it's a blast to pull squid after squid from the water and they fight like mad. Loreto is one place I like that's not too crowded yet has good fishing and four wheeling nearby.

GregH

Apr 24, 2004
Sending in a donation. Haven't seen this level of entertainment since Corey, Daniel or the Hummer boyz.