Is this a good deal on an '04?

Firemanddc

Sep 20, 2004
Long Beach
Hey Steve...I'm no spokesman for them but as someone mentioned earlier...Bear Valley in Atlanta is incredible....Now I didn't actually buy from them(they couldn't find my color fast enough) but I did visit their showroom a while back....Their vehicles are pristine and usually under 10K miles...just check the website....Another dealer I spoke with is Hindale LR in Illinois... I took their #'s to a local dealer who was asking 37K on an 04' SE and walked out for 32.5K...BS #'s but it worked and I didn't have to ship it!! good luck

Kai

Nov 18, 2004
I just got my '04 S model for 26,500. Dealer loaner, never titled with 4100 miles. Mine has the sunroofs too. Sounds like the same deal. My sticker price was 36,000.

I think you are getting a good deal, based on availability, etc.

FWIW: I would choose a dealer loaner vs. a resale any day.

G

gil stevens

26900 with roofs is a good deal. as these loaners and 04 stock dwindle the prices will level off if not come back up a little. 3 weeks ago at auction an S no roofs under 10k was doing 22ish.. this week they were doing 23ish.. and it will have the 4/50 balance including maint.. fwiw

S

syoung

I'm bringing it home tonight- just gotta find a ride to go pick it up.
I'll let ya know the final numbers. One dealer tells me that there's a low APR available on it, another says there isn't since the dealer titled it. Gotta work the details...
I'm gonna ask for a hitch at cost on top of whatever deal we end up with.

S

syoung

I'm just doing my part to preserve the last of the "old skool"
Of course, it'll be a grocery fetcher until it's out of warranty... :D
Watch out, mall speedbumps!

Alyssa

Apr 19, 2004
Philadelphia's Main Line
If it is titled, it DOES qualify for a special rate-- I believe it is 2.9% for 60 months, lower for a shorter term.

I wish I could help you more, but I have been out of work for the past month & don't know what the current #s are.

S

syoung

thanks for the info, Alyssa!

As for pintriping it- um... ya know, if we go I think maybe taking the old Disco is a better idea. It's got the lift and all that. I'll take the new one off-road, but probably not on anything difficult- that's what the lifted old pig is for... or the Freelander.

S

syoung

They say a picture is worth a thousand words:
newdisco.jpg

Got it for 26,800 and they also installed new rubber mats front/rear, oem hitch wiring harness, oem drawbar/ball kit and a lojack. With 6,800 miles on it- they 'certified' it and extended the bumper to bumper to 5 year/64K.
Only problem so far is they had to order a second key and the spare is a goodyear and the four others are michelin.
All in all, it wasn't painful. I did opt for gap insurance- LR's depreciate like a rock.