new BBS and DNS change

S

Snwbord24

Dns

What is DNS anyway? For some reason this new format seems slower to me. Maybe it's just because I'm at work, I'll give it a shot tonight from home and see.

SilverJ

Apr 20, 2004
Colorado
Great job, Dweb! This is just awesome. And fast, too. I really appreciate the hard work you guys have done. For the past three days I had nothing to drink my coffee over except my favorite tele webzine, and this time of year it gets BORING!
Just wondering, what's this guy :eek: supposed to symbolize? Is he holier than thou, or is he dead tired and/or bored??

Jake

Apr 20, 2004
Oklahoma City, OK
Welcome Back

Having spent the weekend out in the boonies without a radio, tv, etc, I was glad to see you guys back up! Thought that the East Coast might have been nuked while I was out camping! Seriously, I like the new style. Hope this wasn't too painful for you guys.

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
what gives?

gotta say, I like the cool new toys, but It is MUCH slower for me. Strange, as I'm pulling through an underutilized T-3 that migrates around the rest of the web at a blistering pace. Any suggestions?

Maybe I'll pull the plug on the avatars and see if it gets up to her usual speed.

boatload of DNS errors too... "cannot find server, cannot find server, cannot find server"

R

Runnerma

slow?

welcome back!!! very cool Toys!!! as Discoweb was the only BBS that I was visiting all these are new to me.
In the begging there was a little slow. (in the setup of my acound I think)
But now at browsing the messages it goes REALLY FAST!!! :) :)

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
Avatars off, thing cruises like a greased pickle on satin sheets! Quicker than whale poop on an ice flow! smoooooth!

I'm thinkin this new fangled board aint so bad after all! good job!

Axel

Staff member
Apr 1, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.discoweb.org
Ray Wallace said:
Will we ever be able to login using our previous name & password?
Only if you used your old ID and password when you reregistered. If you picked a new id and password, then that is what you have to use going forward. The old accounts were not migrated from the old bbs, and will not be migrated in the future.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Darn it Axel, it took me a year to figure out >1000 pointless posts.

;-)

S

Snwbord24

I like the new format, however:
1) The "remember me" doesn't seem to be working. I logged in and edited some things in my profile and just now when I went to post this I had to log in again. I didn't even leave the site inbetween.
2) I tried uploading a pic for my profile and it says it was too big. The page where you attach your image says it must be less than 320x240 or 161.7KB (whichever is smaller). I tried to upload a 640x480 70.5KB pic and it said too big and that it must be less than 320x480. Which is it? This is the same pic I had before.
3) Man is this new format slow. I'll try removing the avatars I guess (which I already did earlier but it didn't seem to remember I did that), but it seems like there are so many little icons in this new format to download and show that it's slower now.

Anyone know of a good program to edit my pics and make them smaller?

K

Ken D

I'm still getting used to the new board(I'm a little slow sometimes) but, the more I play with it the more I like it. It is very user friendly and I can use all the help I can get.
Very nice upgrade :D Ken

jmonsrvr

Apr 20, 2004
montara, ca & newport beach, ca
i have been checking out the new lookd of the site and i must say its really user friendly. im using a dial up today on my laptop and its pretty fast going from page to page.

good work guys..also like the new sections added.... cheers