Ebay Discovery 95? Is it a good deal?

P

polofella26

Is it a good idea to look into buying a Disco on Ebay. There are a few 1995's at a real awesome price. Anyone see these Disco 1's on there>? any opinions?

skydiver

Apr 20, 2004
Central VA
I purchased a 2001 DII w/ 6k on the clock (in Oct 2001) off of Ebay, and I'm still driving it today. Last month I purchased a 1988 Range Rover off of Ebay.

*I've* had great experiences with these purchases, and I got awesome deals on both vehicles. The DII was purchased from a dealer, and the Rangie was purchased from a private party.

Just ask alot of questions before you buy...

Good Luck!!
-Tommy

S

syoung

It's a bad deal if that truck is still on the first oil change, a good deal if it was taken care of. How much do you trust the word of an anonymous person?

scubaman99

Jun 7, 2004
Sunnyvale, CA
www.keepmedia.com
Hey there, I found my 01 P38 on Ebay.

2001 4.6 HSE w/13,991 miles, Navigation, heated seats, front and rear lamp guards, brush bar, side steps, 18" wheels, clean as a whistle, blah blah blah... still had the remaining LR factory warranty and because it was from a dealership it was Land Rover Factory Certifed with an extended 1yr 12K mile warranty. From Land Rover Denver South

In my case i spent the better part of 6 months searching online and at the local dealerships and private party sellers, so i really knew what i wanted and exactly what to expect....

ill admit that it was a little scarry sending a FAT ASS check out to someone in another state for a car i hadnt even seen (other then pictures)... but because it was from a LR dealership and it was Factory Certifed, i felt okay with the deal... and upon the shipper unloading it... i knew i had maded a good decision.

Moral to my story:
1. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.... look at LOTS of cars... especially since your buying an older DI... im not sure if you have own LR before but some of them can be quirky.... AKA dont be an impulse buyer, especially on a car you might have to buy sight unseen... other wise we might here you whining on this board "whats worng with this... is this normal??? damn rig is in the shop again...."
2. i bought my rig from a seller two states away and had to pay $600 for shipping... BUT i bought it from a LR dealership. having visited the several dealerships i knew what they were asking for similar rigs and having seen 3rd party cars i knew what they were asking... in my case i had a good idea of what was and what was not a good deal AND what kind of condition to expect.... private partys may not be so forthcoming....
3. remember the number one rule "Buyer beware"...

bottom line, would i buy anohter car online... sure if the conditions were right!!!

hope you get a good deal

KEN

Last edited:
B

BrettinSanAntonio

Online Disco Purchase

I bought my ?95 Disco on eBay a year ago and have been VERY happy with it. I think the key to buying a vehicle on eBay is research and questions. Get the VIN and run a Carfax report, call the local dealer and check the service history and ask the owner if you can have a pre purchase inspection performed. Have the seller take additional photos and email them to you. If they don?t seem cooperative or make excuses, pass on the purchase. I?ve bought three vehicles on eBay and have been very happy.

adamsclarke

I bought my 1992 Classic off of ebay..it was a "seemingly" great car. Unfortunately the people selling it were very dishonest with there description and the car crapped out 20 minutes after I bought it. If the car has under 120k on the odometer...ebay vehicle assurance program will cover you for body damage and major drivetrain componets....so if you are looking for a good project...probably not a bad idea....but I would NEVER buy a vehicle off of ebay again