blinking CEL

markj11

Apr 20, 2004
MS
I have a 99.5 Disco II. This morning on the way to work my check engine light came on. After about a min. of driving it began to blink and my truck started sputtering and almost stalling at idle. I had almost no acceleration. Closer to work it stopped blinking and everything seemed fine. I will try to get the code on the CEL later today but does this sound familar to anyone?
Thanks,
Mark

O

Off Road Disco

The SES (Service Engine Soon) light will blink at first when it traps an incident. As to the cause? Let us know when the P code is.

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
it says CEL in the thread topic.

If I understand it correctly, Service Engine Soon light works strictly on a timer, nothing to do with engine management.

O

Off Road Disco

p m said:
If I understand it correctly, Service Engine Soon light works strictly on a timer, nothing to do with engine management.

You might be thinking about the D1. The D2 is different.

R

redrover47

The SES light on a D2 is the check engine light, and only comes on when the engine throws a code, its not a timed reminder. I was having a similar problem with my 2001 D2 a while ago, and it was the headgaskets that needed to be replaced. Took 4 days and a LRNA regional rep to diagnose the problem though.

markj11

Apr 20, 2004
MS
I fianally got the codes. I think they originate from bad O2 sensors. P0150, P0174 P1174 P0302. Before I waste time looking for the sensors, does someone have picture to show me where they are or could someone describe where they are? By the way, there is a sweet deal going on at auto zone, filter and 5 quarts of vavoline for $10.
Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:

markj11

Apr 20, 2004
MS
I saw one of the O2 sensors last night on the exhaulst, look pretty tough to get to.
Thanks,
Mark