Denver, CO Wheeling

MNSUROVER

Apr 28, 2004
Viroqua, WI
I am going to be in the Denver area for a summer internship and would like to run some trails on the weekends with my 95 DI. Anybody know any good clubs or groups in the area?

MNSUROVER

Apr 28, 2004
Viroqua, WI
Thanks for the info. The plan right now is to be there on May 19. I'll post if anything new comes up. Looking foward to hitting some of the trails.

SilverJ

Apr 20, 2004
Colorado
Similar to DWeb, the Solihull Society's website (the forum anyhow) is down for awhile. Rover Riders recently merged with Solihull and the plan is to have a more modern site. You can still see the available trails that are planned, under 'events' with the dates and who to contact. Feel free to shoot any of them an email. Newcomers are always welcome, and you'll find some pretty cool people to wheel with. Have fun while you're in Colorado!

Oh, I forgot, many of the high passes and trails are still not passable until the snow melts, sometimes as late as July. It is fun, however, to be the first to break trail through the snow banks, or at least to try anyway. :D

Last edited:
C

CTA586

I was out in Denver visiting some friends almost two years ago now, and posted the dates on the Solihull Society forum. I got several responses, and to make short of the communications... met the club early the day I got there and had an incredible day of riding on the Wheeler Lake trail. Met some awesome guys, and saw some sweet rigs.

Being active in my own club here in Kansas City, to be able to travel 500 miles across the country and be welcomed into another club and shown a wonderful time like that was one of the most gratifying experiences Ive had in my truck.

FWIW, I just thought I would share a positive experience about that club and traveling to Denver.

SilverJ

Apr 20, 2004
Colorado
Ooooohhhhh, Wheeler Lake! Last year was my first time up that trail with the Solihull Society. The first major obstacle we ran into a bunch of Jeepers who were actually taking some forest service people up the trail; apparently they were surveying trail for damage done by motorized vehicles. They really seemed to enjoy watching us get through the hard stuff. It took me awhile, but I finally made it up the giant crack, all the while doing a wheelie :eek: My disco was pretty much stock, and my tires were awful. I ended up leaving it parked on a side trail just before the bowling alley, as several attempts proved unsuccessful. I rode up with my husband to the top, where he and one other person got sidewall punctures on their tires. Turned out I, too, had a slow flat that stemmed from this trip. What a fun day. Can't wait for this years' run, as I'm a bit more set up! Lots of pinstripes on the paint from this trail, that's for sure!