2016 Discovery

scottagnew101

Apr 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Hello, God has been very nice to me this year. Last year I had some difficulties, this year I get a 2016 Discovery. Cannot say enough nice things about this Discovery. Yes it's a straight 4 but its a 2.0 Turbo charged.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 96
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 96

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
I like them too. I think there is really no reason to keep making the Range Rover Evoque now that that is out. I drove a 2015 for a week. I like the new rear suspension from the Range Rovers being put on it. Really makes the truck drive like a bigger truck. Did you get 3 rows of seating?

helievacpilot

Mar 29, 2007
Denver CO
Is it just a re-badged poor man's Range Rover? It would be sickening to bring back the name and not at least give it some "reasonable" off-road props.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Is it just a re-badged poor man's Range Rover? It would be sickening to bring back the name and not at least give it some "reasonable" off-road props.

I think it did pretty well when I've seen them at offroad events run by the dealerships. You gotta remember that this company is owned by Tata Motors now and there going to build what the general public is buying. Not what you and I want to see built. I'm waiting for the new Defender to see what we get. I think that is going to be our sign of just what Tata Motors thinks we need. In my opinion its going to be a make or break product. Will us purists be out in the cold and soccer moms are going to be driving a capable mall crawler? Or will we be pleasantly surprised with something capable we can count on.

Don't ever sell these new Range Rovers short. They can go offroad just fine.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Your right about that. I think they plan to call the replacement for the LR4 a Discovery again. Like they call it in the rest of the world. I'm told its going to look a lot like the Discovery port but will be closer in size to the LR4.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Your right about that. I think they plan to call the replacement for the LR4 a Discovery again. Like they call it in the rest of the world. I'm told its going to look a lot like the Discovery port but will be closer in size to the LR4.

Hmm. I hadn't thought about that. If the LR3/4 are Discovery 3/4 in Europe, then what's the new NAS "Discovery" called over there? :confused:

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Hmm. I hadn't thought about that. If the LR3/4 are Discovery 3/4 in Europe, then what's the new NAS "Discovery" called over there? :confused:

Kind of makes me wonder. Maybe they pick up the LR5 nameplate or something strange. Time will tell I guess.ll that is just a side show to what the hell the new Defender will be. I'm really concerned that the whole Land Rover offroad prowess era might be coming to an end. Let the yuppies and soccer moms have whatever transverse mounted mall crawler they feel like they want. But give the rest of us a damn truck.

ubuntu

Apr 16, 2014
Mosquito Alley
The Discovery Sport is the replacement of the LR2.
The Discovery Sport comes with a 9 speed ZF transmission - the same one that has been giving problems in the new Jeep Cherokee. I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee and it is a piece of crap, the gear shifts are harsh and the engine/transmission seem to have a mind of its own. There are the same complaints with the Discovery Sport transmission.
It has a Haldex AWD system, not 4x4.

Maximumwarp

Mar 22, 2015
Fairburn GA
The Discovery Sport is the replacement of the LR2.
The Discovery Sport comes with a 9 speed ZF transmission - the same one that has been giving problems in the new Jeep Cherokee. I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee and it is a piece of crap, the gear shifts are harsh and the engine/transmission seem to have a mind of its own. There are the same complaints with the Discovery Sport transmission.
It has a Haldex AWD system, not 4x4.

If you have a 4 cylinder, the thermostat will be your next issue on the Cherokee. There's a drive-learn a dealer can do to make the shifts a little better, but they still act weird.

ubuntu

Apr 16, 2014
Mosquito Alley
If you have a 4 cylinder, the thermostat will be your next issue on the Cherokee. There's a drive-learn a dealer can do to make the shifts a little better, but they still act weird.

It has been at the dealer so many times and so many software updates and flashes that I don't care anymore. When it acts weird I just floor it hoping to break something while under warranty.

scottagnew101

Apr 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Yes its a discovery sport. Test drive it before you knock it. Yes a its a 4, but its turbo charged. Oh and when I engage the Brights it has sensors on top to see if there is oncoming traffic, if so it will dim the brights. Im not a fan of the term Sport..... I tend to just leave that off....