D2 key stuck

Just a question regarding key switch. As i'm not used to use NAS spec D2.
A friend just received a wrecked NAS D2, complete with her keyfob inserted in its drum.
He tried to take it out but it's stuck there...
Are NAS drums different to UK spec drums, it' necessary to turn or to press key in order to unlock it, or just we should pull harder?

Regards

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
if the key is in the off position then the tumblers are probably broken in the cylinder. If it's not all the way off then the Brake Shift Interlock system is malfunctioning. That system has 2 jobs. First to keep you from selecting drive without your foot on the brake, then it's second job is to make sure you don't take the key out unless the car is in park.

I would get the lock cylinder out of it and get a better look at it. My guess would be a damaged cylinder. I think if you took all the tumblers out of it the thing wouldn't care what key you used.

KngTgr

May 20, 2005
Fairfax, VA
On my D1, a number of times, if I accidentally attempted to remove the key without being in Park, the key would get stuck in the ignition, sometimes a few attempts, one time a couple of days, disconnecting the battery seem to help