Somebody I know just told me I might be a little TOO secretive...

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
This place stopped being funny a while ago.

I'm not funny when I try to be, anyway. I don't know... Sometimes, maybe.

True story, though. I figured at least one person might have a laugh. I don't usually hear that sort of thing in daily life, as I tend to be pretty open and amusing.

Cheers,

Kennith

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Hey, the quirks and weirdness are part of my charm. :D

I don't care if people laugh at me rather than with me; either way it's a good outcome.

Cheers,

Kennith

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Too secretive as in? Obviously some of us are more restrictive in divulging private information or talking about certain work we have done or are currently doing. To me, that is just the norm. On the other hand, being social and talking to others about food, cars, etc. is pretty harmless.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Too secretive as in? Obviously some of us are more restrictive in divulging private information or talking about certain work we have done or are currently doing. To me, that is just the norm. On the other hand, being social and talking to others about food, cars, etc. is pretty harmless.

I think it's a matter of not volunteering information, in the end. That's on me, I suppose. It's coming to light as I get better and better. People I haven't known long enough are starting to wonder what the hell happened to me, and if I'd been a touch more open about that sort of thing to begin with, the recovery wouldn't be such a shock.

There is more than one work aspect to it, though.

My job now is boring. I started a software development company recently, and have stuck with e-commerce for several years before that, as I needed to do something that I could control well enough to stay home when I knew I'd have a bad day.

The thing is, when you do new things, you meet new people. Most of the people I spent time with in the past were into the rougher stuff. Never occurred to me to mention to relatively new acquaintances that I am, as well.

I'm pretty much a laughable geek otherwise, and it's a bit of a serious pivot for people. Here's a guy with custom license plates referencing games and computer stuff, and he's finally got to tell someone that when he was "sick" so often, he was really puking up blood as a result of rearranged intestines.

To be fair, I have indeed gone well out of my way to hide that one.

Had to come clean, because the weight loss had some worried that I was suffering some kind of severe illness. In fact, I'm just getting back into shape. I wasn't fat, but you know what a quarter inch of bacon does around a neck and face. Strip it away, and you look gaunt to people who haven't seen you any other way.

Probably shaved off fifteen pounds in total over three months or so, and redistributed it. Now, that might not sound like much, but at my height it shows. First person to know it's going to rain, and the last person to feel the water. :rofl:

Doesn't help that my clothes don't fit at the moment. So, not only did I lose weight, I'm also wearing stuff that makes me look much thinner despite the gain in mass, because I'm not stupid enough to go buy new clothes just to wear them for a couple of weeks and buy again. My smallest pants are now three sizes too large. :ack:

Basically, this "Lucy" has some 'splaining to do, and she doesn't like it one bit. I got far too used to the way I was living, and made the foolish mistake of assuming people didn't need to know stuff. Turns out, sometimes they do.

Now, I damned well knew that... Still, knowing something and applying it to your own life are two different things. This is a "physician; heal thyself" situation, in the end.

Cheers,

Kennith