Discovery - collector item?

glester

Jul 11, 2017
Seattle
Read last paragraph, if nothing else:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/the-manual-land-rover-discovery-yes-they-exist-274499

"Collector-worthy Discos are difficult to find among the multitude of beaters, but the prices have only just begun to rise. Those rare manual Discovery models will surely prove more valuable in the long run, provided they were taken care of properly. I just hope there are some left in the country to become a collector's item by the time the market catches up."

So you're sayin' there's a chance? Lol

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
That last paragraph says exactly what I've been saying in the other thread. If the prices don't go up, nobody will recondition them. They will all rust away and never be brought back to the days of glory. I'm really happy to see guys getting 12 to 15 large for these trucks. In the other thread I talked about it taking around 8 grand to go thru one and put new tires on it. So who would do that if they only bring 3 or 4 grand?

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
Yep. Our D.O.T needs to protect us from that lack of clutch safety switch. WE are WAY to stupid to remember to push down the clutch pedal or make sure it's in neutral.
The last vehicle i had with a manual transmission was a 1968 vw beetle.
Fuck that shifting gears bullshit, I have much better things to do.
What happens without a "clutch safety switch"?
Does the car blow up?