Window lift ecu

discorona

Dec 3, 2007
Kitty Hawk, N.C.
I did the bypass and they worked great for a few weeks, then the rear window fuse and fan fuse would both blow as soon as I turned the ignition, undid the bypass and that fixed the fuse problem but no windows again. Resoldered the ecu but that didn?t help so I thought maybe a ecu switch would do it.

discorona

Dec 3, 2007
Kitty Hawk, N.C.
Atlantic British web site has instructions on how to bypass the window lift ecu on Disco 1 as that seems to be a common failure. Also I tried to repair the ecu with no luck.

BarryO

May 15, 2018
Bend, OR
There's a common manufacturing defect at one spot on the printed circuit board (cold solder joint). Fix that and the problem goes away. I did that and it's a real pain to get the PCB out, and especially to get back in. Then I saw the AB trick, which looks easier. I talked to a mechanic recently who said they used to fix the PCB, but now just do the jumper trick.

https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/AMR1282RK

Oct 16, 2018
Seattle
have heard that if you do the bypass, don't operate fronts and rears at the same time. One window at a time might be a safe policy ! My habit is to run down both rears in parallel, for instance, and up to ~2-inches from top when parked unless actual storm expected... .