Hot e brake and smoke

jamesk

Jul 5, 2018
Colorado
Of all things I forgot to tighten up the nut for the ground wire attached to the engine block. When starting up after doing a lot of maintenance work on it the e brake was red hot and a smoke was coming out of the center console and block itself. I will be trying tomorrow to tighten up the nut and see what happens, the truck was never driven in this condition. My question is how much damage could there potentially be to other wires etc. as a result, I know that the starter got zapped and I'll be replacing it but not sure what else to look for. The truck itself is an 01 disco 2.

The Fourth Amigo

Apr 20, 2009
Of all things I forgot to tighten up the nut for the ground wire attached to the engine block. When starting up after doing a lot of maintenance work on it the e brake was red hot and a smoke was coming out of the center console and block itself. I will be trying tomorrow to tighten up the nut and see what happens, the truck was never driven in this condition. My question is how much damage could there potentially be to other wires etc. as a result, I know that the starter got zapped and I'll be replacing it but not sure what else to look for. The truck itself is an 01 disco 2.

That happened to me 10 years ago. The smoke was from the parking brake cable sheath. No other damage and I have driven the vehicle ever since.