Washington State Rover Clubs

Cambo

Nov 21, 2005
Lodi, Ca.
I was wondering if there are any Washington state Rover clubs out there and what areas are they predominant in? I am contemplating a move there in the next few months. If no clubs any advice on the state itself and areas people are living in? Cost of living, gas, jobs, etc? How about the wheeling up there? Any info appreicated.

RAV

Sep 16, 2005
SEATTLE
Let me know if I can help with any specifics. WA is an expensive state to live and run a business in but can't be any worse than Cali. Look us up if you decide to come out.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
10 years is ideal time to reply to this thread..... had this guy managed to move and buy a house that winter, it would realize a 100% market value gain to now. Hope all is well.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
PCRC and NWOS are still going strong. Cascade Rovers has evolved into an informal ad hoc gathering basis, now pretty unstructured but also pretty fun when folks do manage to get together. I bought my house in 2008. I'd love to realize the profit from selling it but couldn't afford to buy again in this market.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
PCRC and NWOS are still going strong. Cascade Rovers has evolved into an informal ad hoc gathering basis, now pretty unstructured but also pretty fun when folks do manage to get together. I bought my house in 2008. I'd love to realize the profit from selling it but couldn't afford to buy again in this market.

Yeah we moved from the Revenna area to University Place in Tacoma area leaving a street where 2000 sf houses on postage stamp lots were selling for $650 in 2010 and bought a $250k short sale house with a 1M view that zillow now claims is worth 550 LOL. Even taxation shows it worth 40% more now.

Anyway, I love the 3 bay garage and half acre lot ;) Having space helped this summer when I replaced all 8 lr3 control arms, all suspension bushings, struts, brakes, and refurbished the rear bumper and tire carrier. I honestly had no space for such work or even the tool chest in Seattle.

I'd like to connect with some folks that do more interesting outings if you're into that. The few I went on back in 07 with Cascade were just forest road drives.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Anyway, I love the 3 bay garage and half acre lot ;) Having space helped this summer when I replaced all 8 lr3 control arms, all suspension bushings, struts, brakes, and refurbished the rear bumper and tire carrier. I honestly had no space for such work or even the tool chest in Seattle.

I'd like to connect with some folks that do more interesting outings if you're into that. The few I went on back in 07 with Cascade were just forest road drives.

Sounds great! When can I come over to work on my Range Rover?

I'm not sure what you mean by "more interesting outings" but last summer I did a 6-day drive of the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route, which was fantastic (even with the wildfire smoke). I wouldn't hesitate to do it again this year. It was surprisingly difficult to find people to go with who could commit to taking the time off.

I also love driving up to Gallagher Head Lake to camp and hike (when the snow melts) and want to head back down to Bethel Ridge to explore that area some more.

I'm more inclined to go on overnight trips, since driving to, in, and from Central Washington can make for a long day. I prefer to break up the trip with hiking, swimming, mountain biking, camping, etc.

If you want something really interesting, check out the Northwest Challenge. That is always on the last weekend in September. This year it will be in Oregon. Here's a rundown of that experience.

4Runner

May 24, 2007
Boise Idaho
I lived east of Seattle and then north of Seattle for a total of 10yrs. I live in Boise Idaho now. Housing is crazy expensive. Traffic really sucks mostly. I loved having mountains right next to the ocean. I loved how green it is and it’s proximity to BC. Bellingham was actually my favorite place to hang out. The government was hard to deal with. Seattle is fun once you commit to getting downtown. Great food. Ferry rides to the islands. There are a few months that are hard to take. When it’s nice there it is 180% beautiful. And they have some really cool used stereo shops.

pdxrovermech

Jul 3, 2009
Portland, OR
PCRC is going strong. Actually ramping up. We have a lot of new young blood looking to step up and do things, which is awesome. I'd definitely suggest joining up. We have a big gathering at the Chehalis County Fairgrounds coming up at the beginning of March. Look into it.