DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Old 02-18-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventyfive View Post
Both parties are fucked. Everyone wants extremism. I am just sick and fucking tired of politics and the billion dollar enterprise of politicaltainment Make politics boring again and get rid of the political TMZ people.
Maybe getting rid of the reality show President is the first step along the way.

People need to demand campaign finance reform. Until the way elections are funded is changed, any chance of improvement is out of the question.
203-770-1699
Old 02-18-2018, 08:33 PM

I totally agree. Until the money is taken out of the equation shit will never change.

Imagine the weed industry and alternative energy industries having more lobbying money than pharmaceutical and oil?

Personally I am not optimistic for this country.

Take hipsters for example. We joke about men weighing 140 pounds, wearing skinny jeans, flip flops, and transgender...they will be running shit when we are retired. I do not know about you but a pack of wolves NEED an alpha AND a beta. We are turning into a pack of omegas. These alt left people may have good intentions but they bring a purse to a tire iron fight.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Get them registered. Why would this 'fuck my head up'? Trump had more black voters than Romney and McCain.
That's funny coming from a man who just a page or so back was advocating for restricting voting to people over the age of 35. Should we also demand they own land as well?

Oh, and Trump got fewer black votes than Bush in 2004. Trump's total for 2016 was what? A whopping 8% of all black voters pulled the lever for Trump. That's something Trump should be REAL proud about.
203-770-1699
Old 02-18-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Make politics boring again and get rid of the political TMZ people.
You can thank Bill Clinton for this.

Don't forget it's all about the money. Fox News, LA Times and the WAPO. They all need theirs. Food on the table right?
Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
That's funny coming from a man who just a page or so back was advocating for restricting voting to people over the age of 35. Should we also demand they own land as well?
Great Scott Paul, you sound like Scott. Advocating? I said it was 'interesting'. The idea has principals I do like.

No way Bush got more black votes than Trump. I haven't seen the numbers but I'd be shocked. Especially his (Bushes) second term.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
Didn't you say you didn't care?

Didn't you deflect with whataboutism when equating Russian involvement in our election to actions taken by the US over the years? Granted, we've made our share of mistakes (Mosadegh, Allende, ect.) but to say that we behave on a par with Putin is disgraceful.

It's a shame that you don't even see how you're being used. Putin loves people like you.
Oh Paul, you're spitting into the wind, you do realize that don't you?

You're going to have a heart attack or wet yourself. I don't want to be a part of either.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:19 PM

Paul, why did you have to go make this thread all NASTY again. Shame.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:23 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Take hipsters for example. We joke about men weighing 140 pounds, wearing skinny jeans, flip flops, and transgender...they will be running shit when we are retired. I do not know about you but a pack of wolves NEED an alpha AND a beta. We are turning into a pack of omegas. These alt left people may have good intentions but they bring a purse to a tire iron fight.
My hyper-liberal, Berkley-educated cousin who lives a life of fabulous luxury in the hills north of San Francisco was wishing that we could lower the voting age to 16 so that "real change could happen." She was saying this in light of the recent school shooting with the hope that the kids would get rid of all the guns. Of course she's of the mindset that more gun laws and the eventual confiscation of everyone's guns will mean no more gun crime.

I'm not a fan of changing any voting laws (including upping the age to 35) except for requiring proper identification to vote. I do find the idea interesting of having to present a prior-year federal tax return as identification/qualification to vote....but it'll never happen. Even with the millennial hipster wimps coming of age, becoming a voting block, eventually finding real jobs and one day running for office, I'm confident that the meek won't inherit the Earth. There will always be strong & weak. The weak will always continue to get some bones thrown to them by the strong.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:25 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Yes, and you call yourself a patriotic American. Shame, shame, shame. Disgraceful. Pathetic. You're doing exactly what Putin wants....sowing discord through our peaceful field of plenty.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:01 PM

The right to vote should include

Prior year tax return
Written test
Proper identification

Way too many ignorant people but that is exactly what the marketing experts want voting.

Still blows my mind listening to cspan during the morning commute. Holy fuck old people hold a grudge! I live it when some old fuck calls in with a 6th grade dialect asking 'am I on the air? Am I on the air?'

Regarding guns...say what you want and use any analogy you want BUT if that kid had a six shooter, shotgun, or knife would he been able to murder 17 innocent children?

EZ pass can snap a Cold War U2 photo of my tag while I travel at 90 mph...we have the same metal detecting technology. Tweak it to detect a certain mass and put them at the front door. One entrance one exit. Put the cops at those points. Every school has a sheriff or city cop at every school in our county.
In an emergency you can automate extra exits to open.

We had detectors in my schools in jersey and when we moved to Dayton, high school. Yeah, I grew up in ghettoes.

But then a shooter will just have his friend pull a fire alarm Mike! My response to that is how many people do you know have the CQB training to double tap an armed person during the frenzy??? Like I have said many times, my wife is a teacher, I know a lot of educators. Last thing you want is my wife or her coworkers armed.
And the very last thing you want is a billy bad ass veteran armed at a school. Wasn't Chris Kyle murdered at a gun range by a vet? All those people at the gun range armed and a frogman still got murdered.

Yes it's fucked we have children being murdered by cunts with guns but for fucks sake why is the response never metal detectors? It's always gun nuts saying 'give everyone guns' and the powder puffs saying 'take guns away'?

What is so fucking wrong with metal detectors?? It's like everything else here I guess. Extremes.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Metal Detectors.
Just had our first child at a state-of-the-art Womens hospital. We all wore braclets, Name Tags and required to carry our ID. If a newborn got as much as within 6 inches of a doorway or elevator all hell broke lose. I mean bells, alarms, doors and elevators auto-locked and LEO's were on the way. It was the most amazing feat of tech. security I've ever personally seen. All employees greeted me at the cafeteria as dad. Come to find out it was my bracelet color. It's the little things.

If we can do this at the hospitals what about our high schools? The guns are here, now, let's deal with it. Or we can pander with political games while more die. IF further gun laws for new purchase need to be in place that's most certainly a secondary effort in these cases.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:36 PM

That's actually not a new thing. Same way 13 years ago with our son. It is Fort Knox in maternity wards.

Keep in mind it is so the hospital does not get sued. They don't care if they lose a baby they don't want to lose a dollar.

I figure if one of my kids gets murdered in school, fuck it. Who cares right?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
That's actually not a new thing. Same way 13 years ago with our son. It is Fort Knox in maternity wards.

Keep in mind it is so the hospital does not get sued. They don't care if they lose a baby they don't want to lose a dollar.

I figure if one of my kids gets murdered in school, fuck it. Who cares right?
So we can agree the tech is there. Someone walks in with an AR-15 (hard to conceal that, how about a handgun?) and the doors lock and alarms go off. Have a plan for students to barricade themselves in the classrooms until help arrives. See the video below for the concept. Now imagine if the shooter is locked inside a secondary entry. Maybe withhold funding somewhere outside the US for a month and make it happen in the US Public Schools?

Old 02-18-2018, 11:15 PM

The technology has been available.

Why do you think we don't make schools safe? There are very very easy ways to make a school insanely safe and maintain the aesthetics conducive to learning.

We choose to consistently elect people who do not see the importance of an educated society. Once again my cyncism leads me to believe corporate interests do not want an educated populace.

https://www.google.com/search?q=finn...&client=safari
Old 02-18-2018, 11:48 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Yes, and you call yourself a patriotic American. Shame, shame, shame. Disgraceful. Pathetic. You're doing exactly what Putin wants....sowing discord through our peaceful field of plenty.
On second thought, I regret posting this and I apologize. I'm sure Paul is a patriotic American....we just see things differently.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:01 AM

Member Trucks
Quote:
The right to vote should include

Prior year tax return
Written test
Proper identification

Way too many ignorant people but that is exactly what the marketing experts want voting.

Still blows my mind listening to cspan during the morning commute. Holy fuck old people hold a grudge! I live it when some old fuck calls in with a 6th grade dialect asking 'am I on the air? Am I on the air?'

Regarding guns...say what you want and use any analogy you want BUT if that kid had a six shooter, shotgun, or knife would he been able to murder 17 innocent children?

EZ pass can snap a Cold War U2 photo of my tag while I travel at 90 mph...we have the same metal detecting technology. Tweak it to detect a certain mass and put them at the front door. One entrance one exit. Put the cops at those points. Every school has a sheriff or city cop at every school in our county.
In an emergency you can automate extra exits to open.

We had detectors in my schools in jersey and when we moved to Dayton, high school. Yeah, I grew up in ghettoes.

But then a shooter will just have his friend pull a fire alarm Mike! My response to that is how many people do you know have the CQB training to double tap an armed person during the frenzy??? Like I have said many times, my wife is a teacher, I know a lot of educators. Last thing you want is my wife or her coworkers armed.
And the very last thing you want is a billy bad ass veteran armed at a school. Wasn't Chris Kyle murdered at a gun range by a vet? All those people at the gun range armed and a frogman still got murdered.

Yes it's fucked we have children being murdered by cunts with guns but for fucks sake why is the response never metal detectors? It's always gun nuts saying 'give everyone guns' and the powder puffs saying 'take guns away'?

What is so fucking wrong with metal detectors?? It's like everything else here I guess. Extremes.
Competency exam for voting will never happen. Seems like a good idea but at the core, I am opposed to truly disenfranchising valid, legal voters. Sad as it is to say, just because you can't read or write I don't think you should not have the right to vote. What portion of the general pop was literate when the Constitution was written? I just wish more people would get off their asses and vote. Either way you vote, for my candidate or against, just get off your lazy ass and vote. I would NOT be opposed to something along the lines of "sit out two elections, fuck you, mandatory sit out for the next one".

EZ pass can snap a Cold War U2 photo of my tag while I travel at 90 mph...

That's some funny shit right there. I got a nice bill in the mail from a work trip to Socal last month. Damn google routed me on toll roads. Think of that...you can't get on a damn highway without getting pegged.

For fuck's sake, we can secure a 100 story building in any city, we can secure campuses like Apple and the Pentagon, we can make a goddamn school secure. Like you said, one way in & out, metal detectors, trained officer on duty, etc. Schools already have walls/fences. No lazy ass student is scaling that shit. It can certainly be done.

Lastly, on the AR-15 subject, I'm not at all opposed to making them harder to get. Background checks always. If an 18 or 19 or 20 year old "kid" wants one, same drill. Why can't a background check include seeing what the little freak is up to on social media. Only takes google 0.00000007 nanoseconds to do the research for you.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant

Oh, and Trump got fewer black votes than Bush in 2004. Trump's total for 2016 was what? A whopping 8% of all black voters pulled the lever for Trump. That's something Trump should be REAL proud about.
I think he?s more proud he won.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
It?s easier than admitting he?s wrong.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:32 AM

Blue,

Sure a boat load of Americans were illiterate post colonialism, which may be why our senators were appointed. Franklin, Jefferson, Adams, etc knew damn well the average colonist could not run a country.

From what I have read, the founding fathers would not want a straight talking average Joe I can have a beer with, running this country. If they were alive today a lot of people would call them elitist!

checks and balances. Senators were the grown ups in the room, now they are not. So I say if you can not name the three branches, their responsibilities, basic shit you can only vote in local elections. I mean we really need to come up with a base line at some point

Stupid people are dangerous. Stupid people start shit and smart people always have to fix it.

And yes there are a lot of smart people that make stupid fucking choices all the time as well.

It's a conundrum really.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:28 AM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post

...requiring proper identification to vote.
That?s racist. The teevee told me.

1996 Disco I 33s, armor, etc (sold, now on 35s, nasty)
1999 Disco II, (now Son #1's, on 35s)
2001 Disco II, chopped & caged, 37s, locked (Molly)
2004 Disco II, (now Son #2's, on 32s)
2008 L322 (DD)
Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
The technology has been available.

Why do you think we don't make schools safe? There are very very easy ways to make a school insanely safe and maintain the aesthetics conducive to learning.

We choose to consistently elect people who do not see the importance of an educated society. Once again my cyncism leads me to believe corporate interests do not want an educated populace.

https://www.google.com/search?q=finn...&client=safari
You won't convince me bad corporations and the shadow government don't want an educated populace so they purposefully try to make our places of education an unsafe place. I understand the education side but the unsafe class rooms just don't jive. This isn't an education issue, it's a safety issue. Schools are simply pin pointed because the gun free zones are the same places their hatred lies. It could just as well be a movie cinema right?
Old 02-19-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Blue,

Sure a boat load of Americans were illiterate post colonialism, which may be why our senators were appointed. Franklin, Jefferson, Adams, etc knew damn well the average colonist could not run a country.

From what I have read, the founding fathers would not want a straight talking average Joe I can have a beer with, running this country. If they were alive today a lot of people would call them elitist!

checks and balances. Senators were the grown ups in the room, now they are not. So I say if you can not name the three branches, their responsibilities, basic shit you can only vote in local elections. I mean we really need to come up with a base line at some point

Stupid people are dangerous. Stupid people start shit and smart people always have to fix it.

And yes there are a lot of smart people that make stupid fucking choices all the time as well.

It's a conundrum really.
Basically what you're saying was deemed "racist" in the Jim Crow era.

From the 1890s to the 1960s, many state governments in the Southern United States administered literacy tests to prospective voters purportedly to test their literacy in order to vote. In practice, these tests were intended to disenfranchise racial minorities. Southern state legislatures employed literacy tests as part of the voter registration process starting in the late 19th century. Literacy tests, along with poll taxes, residency and property restrictions and extra-legal activities (violence, intimidation)[2] were all used to deny suffrage to African Americans. The first formal voter literacy tests were introduced in 1890. At first, whites were generally exempted from the literacy test if they could meet alternate requirements that in practice excluded blacks, such as a grandfather clause or a finding of "good moral character."

In Lassiter v. Northampton County Board of Elections (1959), the U.S. Supreme Court held that literacy tests were not necessarily violations of Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment nor of the Fifteenth Amendment. Southern states abandoned the literacy test only when forced to do so by federal legislation in the 1960s. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 provided that literacy tests used as a qualification for voting in federal elections be administered wholly in writing and only to persons who had completed six years of formal education.

In part to curtail the use of literacy tests, Congress enacted the Voting Rights Act of 1965. The Act prohibited jurisdictions from administering literacy tests to citizens who attained a sixth-grade education in an American school in which the predominant language was Spanish, such as schools in Puerto Rico.[3] The Supreme Court upheld this provision in Katzenbach v. Morgan (1966). Although the Court had earlier held in Lassiter that literacy tests did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment,[4] in Morgan the Court held that Congress could enforce Fourteenth Amendment rights—such as the right to vote—by prohibiting conduct it deemed to interfere with such rights, even if that conduct may not be independently unconstitutional.[5][6]

As originally enacted, the Voting Rights Act also suspended the use of literacy tests in all jurisdictions in which less than 50% of voting-age residents were registered as of November 1, 1964, or had voted in the 1964 presidential election. In 1970, Congress amended the Act and expanded the ban on literacy tests to the entire country.[7] The Supreme Court then upheld the ban as constitutional in Oregon v. Mitchell (1970). The Court was deeply divided in this case, and a majority of justices did not agree on a rationale for the holding.[8][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_test
Old 02-19-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You won't convince me bad corporations and the shadow government don't want an educated populace so they purposefully try to make our places of education an unsafe place. I understand the education side but the unsafe class rooms just don't jive. This isn't an education issue, it's a safety issue. Schools are simply pin pointed because the gun free zones are the same places their hatred lies. It could just as well be a movie cinema right?
No no no I am not saying schools are intentionally made to be slaughterhouses. I am not one of those Alex jones shadow government weirdos.

I believe schools are not safe due to the ones in charge of public education think they know better than anyone else. More to the point I believe it is due to what I typed a couple posts back...we prefer to argue who made the hole in the boat instead of thinking critically and acting immediately.

If school superintendents wanted to SHOW student safety is number 1 there would be mass metal detector purchases!! At least as a quick temporary implementation.

I do not believe in shadow governments and frog people, and what you are doing is painting me in that light because you believe there is no correlation regarding corporate interest in politics. I have lived in the D.C. Blast zone over twenty years now and trust me...living in the last zone you know lots of gubment people. Elected officials are absolute whores for donations!

Remember him? https://www.google.com/search?q=joe+...&client=safari

I remember teachers putting the front pages of the Trenton times and Burlington county times on the walls saying 'now that's how you get things done'!

He made his school safe and see what happened to him. You do not want to make parents mad!!! So don't go pointing fingersvat teachers and staff, point it at the reason their hands are fucking tied.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:55 AM

Daniel, our constitution was written by a slave owner!! And lots of people always quote the constitution. Like I said it is a conundrum.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:34 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Maybe withhold funding somewhere outside the US for a month and make it happen in the US Public Schools?
This is one of those falsehoods you peddle.

Do the math numbers guy; how many schools in the US with an avg of how many entrances that you want to turn into man traps-at what cost. Then tell us what 'outside the US' you don't want to fund, for a month, to pay for it.

Just a modicum of rigor and it all falls apart.
I guess we could stop funding Israel, you'd be good with that-right?