DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Technical Boards > Discovery - Technical Discussions

Old 11-13-2017, 04:17 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltNYC View Post
The original (and very weak) sub amp was/is connected to the back of the original speakers. So there is a line level input right there in the door as well as power and ground.

I'd put the amp inside the door cavity if I could but that is too much bother.

here is some info, some of it is dated but some is still relevant...
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-wiring-43689/
Very helpful. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:39 AM

Member Trucks
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XX5BTHK...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered one of these. For the price who knows.
94 D1 White (Scrap)
94 D1 Green (Scrap)
00 E38 BMW
00 Ranger
72 TR6
02 Intruder 1500
Old 02-07-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf View Post
Finally have some free time to work on this

The chinese xs3868 is a piece of crap, redesigning it with a real microchip bm64 module

Since it'll have a few extra io pins and bluetooth serial capability I'm throwing in a feature I've been toying with. I'll probably be the only one to ever use it, but the 3 pin mini din connector goes to the 14cux diagnostic plug and it emulates an elm327 device so torque or whatever other bluetooth obd2 apps will be able to connect to it.

Still need to finalized the mic preamp circuit and maybe an audio preamp if testing shows the signal is too low.

So itll have aux in with player controls like the old version, microphone through the aux for voice commands and dialing and stuff, along with all of that through bluetooth. Going to throw in a circuit that auto detects ctia vs omtp so it'll be android and ios freindly since I'm not sure how that standards battle will end since CTIA was winning before Apple gave up on the 3.5mm jack. And a ton of circuitry to keep ground loops away

hope to order boards by the end of the month.

Shown with disco/95rrc rectangular 13 pin connector, rrc round 13 pin DIN connector, and bmw hirschmann connector all stacked up together, but only 1 will fit during assembly
robertf,

Do you have an update on this? I'd be interested in one if you make them available.

Thanks,
-Allen
Old 02-09-2018, 01:14 AM

Member Trucks
No update, but Im back on it

What is the thought on adding a d2 cd changer plug so that you dont lose that option? D2 changers are basically free and the overhead to add this feature is much cheaper than retaining d1 cd changer.

Its actually the same interface as the obd2 port, so i couls code it where you either get an engine temp display on the head unit, or you can listen to cds
Old 02-09-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
No update, but Im back on it

What is the thought on adding a d2 cd changer plug so that you dont lose that option? D2 changers are basically free and the overhead to add this feature is much cheaper than retaining d1 cd changer.

Its actually the same interface as the obd2 port, so i couls code it where you either get an engine temp display on the head unit, or you can listen to cds
I personally wouldn't need this feature as CDs are basically dead for me (I just rip them digitally to .flac). As part of the comms rollout in the truck, we are working on putting in a router and NAS (USB harddrive) and copy all our music/movies from the media server in the house. So, our entire library will be in the truck in digital format.

-Allen
Old 02-09-2018, 12:22 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
So itll have aux in with player controls like the old version, microphone through the aux for voice commands and dialing and stuff, along with all of that through bluetooth. Going to throw in a circuit that auto detects ctia vs omtp so it'll be android and ios freindly since I'm not sure how that standards battle will end since CTIA was winning before Apple gave up on the 3.5mm jack. And a ton of circuitry to keep ground loops away
The above features alone are fantastic! The ELM utility is totally cool too!

Even if my LWB's CD changer dies, it would be back-up to digital music via BT.
96 Disco SD - SOLD after 16 years
Old 02-17-2018, 06:43 AM
Still Junior

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...18949869413523

https://www.vdo-gauges.com/radios/12...bluetooth.html

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-vdo-part...SABEgLpu_D_BwE

Why isnt someone selling these? Porsche, BMW, and MB vendors do. Stock looks, modern tech, VDO quality of component construction. I gave Lucky 8 that part number 4 weeks ago and suggested they import 10 and see who buys.

What the hell are amazon ricer radios being purchased by LR owners for? Certainly not to look proper. That continental product does NA radio inputs but is not sold on the domestic market. Non LR parts guys have been selling them in the Porsche, BMW, and MB markets for a year or so. Someone needs to register as a dealer on the TR 7412UB-OR. Don't see this and go buy from ECS or other guys. I bet 20-30 of these can get sold asap through a Rover vendor.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:19 AM

Member Trucks
If only the orange back lighting was switchable to green.

RAVE in pdf:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...FdyX1VQMS1iN00
Discovery I exploded parts diagrams....
http://www.allbrit.de/NAV.cfm?SPRACHE=EN&PAGE=491338
Old 06-20-2018, 05:16 PM

Just curious, any recent updates on this adapter?

Thanks,
Allen
Old 06-21-2018, 12:04 AM

Member Trucks
Haven't looked at it, but haven't forgotten about it. Once I knock out a couple projects I'll get back on it.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Haven't looked at it, but haven't forgotten about it. Once I knock out a couple projects I'll get back on it.
Sounds good! I know how having multiple projects can go Thanks for the update.

-Allen
Old 06-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Needs to get a life

Member Trucks
Easy enough to buy RobertF's AUX adapter and then buy one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetoot...th+aux+adapter

Save the last round for yourself. It'll be a blessed relief as the bear is wearing your guts as a hat.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoPhoto View Post
Easy enough to buy RobertF's AUX adapter and then buy one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetoot...th+aux+adapter
I actually already have a blutooth adapter and getting just the aux adapter was my original plan. I was not aware he had anymore of these for sale. Can you link where his aux adapter can be purchased? But, at this point I may just wait for the new adapter for better/simpler integration.

Thank you,
Allen
Old 06-21-2018, 03:13 PM

Member Trucks
I don't have any in stock but I'll order up some boards for the non blue tooth this evening and post up when they are avail.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:34 PM
Almost There...

Member Trucks
I'm interested in one of these aux adapters as well Robert - glad to send payment via PayPal in advance.