Blower fan no work

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
I was screwing around with my wiindow switches while the truck was running. (yes I know that was dumb)

Then all of sudden the blower fan kicked out. I checked the fuses and they look good.

What next? is there any relation to the window switches and blower fan

Levi

Jul 27, 2004
Cheyenne, WY
Is it set on high? Mine cuts out on high but not on the lower settings. IIRC there is something in the manual about it turning off on high but I could be wrong.

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
Is it set on high? Mine cuts out on high but not on the lower settings. IIRC there is something in the manual about it turning off on high but I could be wrong.

mine also did that but its not running on any level now.

Im scared I may have fried something

best4x4

Mar 1, 2015
Beaumont, TX
You can use a D2 rear ac switch on a 94-99 D1. It takes a little work, but the slider switch itself is the exact same part. Check 2 wire connector going to the blower motor itself (they sometimes melt & stop working on D1/D2’s).

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
Both blower motor and windows ECU are connected to this mass screw.
You should take plastic trim apart, and check this grounding nut. It might be rusted.
Are You sure it is no false contact from slide control?
If yes, then check this nut

Regards

okay, ill check it out

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
The ground looks good and the wires going to the blower motor look good.

I guess I need to pull apart the dash and check the switch

eburrows

I've had the blower motor speed controller go bad, and the power wire from the fuse box break somewhere behind the dash. Check for voltage. It should be battery voltage to the speed controller, and vary at the motor based on the selected fan speed.

finnarne

Feb 4, 2015
Norway
Check the connector on the wire just before the blower motor. Mine was corroded. When I "wigled"(?) a bit on the connector, it started working for a while (could be an few minutes, could be a month). I have now removed the connector, and soldered the wires together instead.

JUKE179r

Sep 14, 2016
Suffolkshire, UK
Check the resistor pack to the left of the blower motor assembly. You have to disassemble it to check it.
I've seen those go bad from being burned up due to leaves and crap collecting on the cooling fins restricting air flow.

Last edited:

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
Check the resistor pack to the left of the blower motor assembly. You have to disassemble it to check it.
I've seen those go bad from being burned up due to leaves and crap collecting on the cooling fins restricting air flow.

okay, i can check that

eburrows

On my truck, the wire from the back of the fuse box to the motor lost continuity. Either the wire broke, or the connector in the fuse box, but I couldn't get to it to replace it. I ran a new wire (with in-line fuse) from the battery to the motor through the firewall.